Saturday, May 14, 2011

New experience

So the Dr. put Chuck on an Iron regiment for enemia (im to laxy to look up the proper spelling). Me, being the excellent reader and follower of directions that i am, screwed up.
not really, because there are two sets of directions on the package. so ill blame someone else. :)
It seems that your not suppose to use dairy products with iron. He had cod, mixed vegies and cottage cheese with a few peaches on it But before dinner i gave him his iron pills.
He ate dinner and about 2 hours later. Lets just say it didnt look the same.
I called the advice nurse after taking his vitals. which were all real good. So that led me to believe it was the iron. The advice nurse confirmed my suspision.
Well now we have his iron management is in control. I hope. He hasnt gotten sick again, yet.
ANYWAY....
I tried my hand at cooking beef liver for the first time. To tell you the truth, it smells pretty good. It may just be all the garlic i put on it.
according to him it was real good.

3 comments:

Peter said...

Glad you found out so quickly, but LIVER! That's disgusting!

Lili said...

Lisi loves it, and at times I find I need it, we have a place we go she likes to get it.

Also, do unions with it, it's great, and helps to tenderize it. Another is that you can use a fork to help it, poke it all over the place!!!! Mushrooms are also good with it, and nuts.

how is his D doing, we are all on that,....

Jim said...

OK. There's another test I'm going to have done when I have my physical this summer.
Thanks for the update.