Tuesday, May 3, 2011

lifes just ducky

so im working in the garage, sorting thru stuff for a g-sale.
I hear this very unfimiluar sound of little feet slapping against the floor. I turn around and there is a duck woundering around and just looking at me.
So i got Chuck off the couch and he got a slice of "double fiber" bread and fed it to the little guy.
The cat was really checking out this hugh tasty morsel. I think she was trying to figure out if she could take it on. But with all wisdom that a cat has, she gave up. That is one bird i dont want her to bring into my room in the middle of the night as a gift.
The duck hung around for a bit and decided to just lay in the grass for awhile. Now he just flew off and I hope decided to go poop some place else.
So much for the excitement for the week.



7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh, I am so relieved, I was sure you were going to say you had duck for dinner.

Randy Hooper said...

It is duck season...or is it wabbit season. I can never remember.

Jim said...

I had duck once. I wasn't very impressed.

other said...

What jim said.
I think that if you marinate it in pineapple and mango. with some chili. it might be ok.

kind of like catfish.
spread it over a ceder plank, stick it in the fire for a few hours.
take it out.
remove fish from the plank.
throw the fish out and eat the plank. :)
Dick

Peter said...

Coincidently, we had a fuzzy duckling running across the lawn all by itself the other day. I caught it before it was crow food (poor crow). Karen looked all over for mother duck- no where! Gave it to my neighbor kids to feed. Must be duck season!

Bonnie said...

Jimbo, Did you say, "you had a duck once and it wasn't very impressed." Poor thing.

Jim said...

I wasn't impressed with it, and I'm sure it wasn't very impressed with me either.