Friday, October 2, 2009

Shasta Speedway aka Nascar

Well, Ben is taking a turn around the Shasta Speedway this weekend. There is some sort of special race event going on there. One of the racers is from here in the valley. I asked him if he would be willing to give Ben a spin around the track in his car (# 32) as He was never able to get to any of the Nascar races and it looks like I won't be able to get him to one now either to see if his favorite driver would run him around a few laps and this would be about as close to that as I could get. He was agreeable to do that. He was even going to talk to his promoter about the race in addition to the practice races. I was hoping to be able to go to the main race Sat. night but I have to work and can't get off. It is kind of funny that I happened to ask this gentleman as he was showing me his car, I called it the ghost car. It is white and has several other stickers on it as he is running in Memory of 2 other persons that were his friends and Nascar fans.

ILLA

9 comments:

Ben Garcia said...

thats totally awesome mom!!!!!

Peter said...

Life is way too short to fit in all the things we'd like to do. Thank God Ben was given the time to secure those things that are essential. The relationship with God, the love of his family. Besides these, there is nothing else that ultimately matters. Here's a scripture to remember as we think of things thought lost: 1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Jim said...

That's really neat. I'm happy for him and for you. I didn't realize that he was a NASCAR fan until we visited him in the hospital about 14 months ago.
Jim

Teresa Garcia said...

That's good that dad gets to go around the track. This sort of makes me remember the trips to Disneyland and Disneyworld, and we rode the Haunted Mansion ride... and at the end it has that thing where it makes it look like you've got a ghost hitchhiker... I remember dad snickering about that...

I've no idea where the Shasta Speedway is though.

lueria said...

lol, that is cool. Uncle ben might be looking down from heaven smiling at that. coo stuff.

ILLA said...

Shasta Speedway is in Anderson, CA. Ben didn't make it to the main race. The guys car had electrical problems and they couldn't get it fixed in time so he missed it. Ben did get run around the track during the practice sessions. The car is a 2 passenger one, only on small tracks, and his daughter held on to Ben. She was worried that she would drop him and he would spill out. Her father assured her that he was in a plastic baggie so he would be ok.

Hey Dick, I need to talk to you. The Mac crashed!!!!! It did one of its updates and won't get past the blue screen after the apple page. Just keeps swirling the little circle and doesn't boot up. I let it go for 2o minutes the last time before shutting it down as nothing would load. So now what?????

Got snow on and off today. Woke up to a dusting and it spit all day. now the clouds are moving out. Did not stick but still cold. Still only half done on the front deck. Had to order more lumber and it won't be here till Tue. Then hope for good weather for a couple of weeks and it will be done then and I will be done for the winter. Just won't have time to do anything more. I still have a chicken house to board up yet. poor Chick a Dee. At least she has some what of a house. No eggs yet. maybe I should crawl in and look. She should be starting soon.

Anyway, I am taking it easy today. Slept most of it. Guess I needed it. Talk to you all later.

Love Aunt Illa

ILLA said...

It is at the Shasta County Fair Grounds in Anderson.

illa said...

Hey Dick. What happened to all our Q&A on the comp?? It has disappeared and I was hoping that the instructions would still be here.

Illa

Anonymous said...

i deleted it.
email the info to you.