Saturday, April 30, 2011

Long Lost Relatives!


I was able to make a stop in San Francisco and met up with Geri, her daughter Roberta, and her half-sister Maria (Maria and Geri have the same mother but different fathers). They are all very nice and seemed to enjoy the visit very much. I know I did. I also managed to get Geri to do a 23andMe test so her results should be coming in the next 5 or 6 weeks. Interestingly, the amount of genealogical research I have done on the Garcia side actually surpasses their knowledge of our family history so it was nice to be able to share that with them as they seemed very interested in learning more about where we come from.

5 comments:

Peter said...

Thanks Randy. She really looks like Benny! I'm glad you had a good visit; one never knows, but your efforts have really paid off.

Dick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dick said...

This is so cool. I know you have gone thru alot of work.
I think in some of the pics on facebook, she looks like Bonnie also.
I did done delete my own post.
Dick

Jim said...

That is really neat. Just when I think I have it figured out there's more. Great sleuthing, Randy.

Bonnie said...

Dick, I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to say anything, she might be offended.
Randy, you are amazing, this is so great. Even Lili and Lisi knew somethings about them I had never heard. For one thing I was shocked to hear Glenna and Ben were not married.