Sunday, May 27, 2007

Weekends are for playing


Last week Sandi and I took some friends of ours to a place about 50 miles from here called Lyons Ranch. High prairie type of environment that is now owned by the National Park Service. In the spring there are always new flowers in bloom. It is a separate biome very much different, but so close to the coastal biome, so it's easy for us to really appreciate it. We stopped to admire the purple Lupine flowers and the scent almost knocked us down as it was so aromatic and overwhelming.

Anyway, that was last week; this week our destination is called 'Hooper Peak.' Andrew and I did the hike a couple of years ago and we were so impressed we named the place. It's the peak that you see when you look over the top of Sanger Lake.

Just copy and paste the link below for a short visit into our experience.
http://picasaweb.google.com/jnshoop/LyonsRancHHB

3 comments:

Peter said...

That's a great photo. I wish you could have somehow canned the scent and put it on the web!

other said...

if people would only open their eyes and see what God gives us to enjoy !!

other said...

I'm opening my eyes and my nostrils doing my very best to appreciate what I have and making the very best of every moment.
Jim