Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sorry the reunion didn't turn out in Calif. We all had a really awesome time with Suzy and her clan and Lili and Jess and a awesome surprise visit from Jim and Sandi, (wish their kids and grandkids had been there, I was really looking forward to seeing our new babies and of course the Gonz.) And I missed seeing Kara. At least she's back home in Oregon now.

What a awesome couple days. We took the RV down and Lisi and Rick and I had a ball with it. I have wanted to try out a motor home for years. It was more fun and so great for Lisi. We are planning a camping trip to Frog Lake with Lisi on the 23rd in the RV. It's opened up a whole new world to her. Unfortunatly, I realized after a booked those days, which were also the only days available, that the 23rd is also Suzy's Bday. Crap!!!

Jim and Sandi, we (Lisi, Lili and Jess and Rick and I) are planning a trip in MH to see all of you in Oct. Just let us know when in Oct is best for you.
Forgot to thank you for the wine.

I am getting my 2 cent's in early but I prefer to call our reunions get togethers. Reunions put a pressure on those that find it hard to make arrangement for what ever reason to make it.
I for one find that the majority of those that are able to get together or have health issues that make it harder to travel far live between Jimbo and those in Vancouver. I for one think Suzys location is just the right distance and since she has the biggest family that has to make the most arrangments for time off together, that we should let her make the dates and locations and then each of us can see how we can work it in. I know she is able to have some flexability but not a lot.
There are always those that still may not be able to make a get together, but with our family growing so big that has to be expected.
I also know Jim and Sandi like to get away but also with our new babies in their family, it might be an issue.
Just my 2 cents.

We just got pictures of our new grand daughter Aria, born the 9th of August, pictures are on my facebook under Josh Lange.

5 comments:

Sandi Hooper said...

We just got home a few minutes ago, but I wanted to quickly pop in and thank you all for welcoming us into your homes and gatherings.

Suzy, you are definitely the "hostess with the mostest!" You are a very generous and gracious hostess. Thank you.

Lili & Jess: it was wonderful to see you both looking so well. Please keep up with the good work. Jess, if you come visit, I'll make a huge pitcher of fruit smoothies for you...

Lisi: you still amaze and inspire me. Thank goodness you're doing so well. I love your happy attitude--you are always a joy everytime I see you! How do you do it--how do you stay so happy?

Bonnie & Rick: I could see in your eyes, and in your smiles, that you are "home at last". Grateful to have you on the correct coast again, and looking forward to any time in October. Just call.

Raj & Mike and Chardo: I love you guys. I hope that you'll come soon. We spent the next hundred miles talking about how awesome you are. That is not just "auntie B.S." I mean it.

Lueria & Rich: wow, the time we had together was indeed "short and sweet". Very sweet. Can't wait to be with you again. You've got it going on and I don't say this very often, but I mean it when I tell you that I will keep you in my heart this autumn and always.

Peter & Karen: I'm so sorry that I monopolized the conversation. Next time, I'll go for a long walk in the woods and let you talk to Jim. Karen, may I please get your recipes??? I love you both very much and just cannot shut my mouth when I am with you. Please forgive me--'specially for leaving the donuts under the seat!!!

Glenda: I am glad--so glad-- for the little bit of time I DID get to spend with you in June. I cherish our talks more than I can say. Please keep us posted on the continuing story.

Dick & Chuck: you two rascals are next on the list. Be afraid, be very afraid!!!

Judy, Kara and Teisha, Whitney, Julie, Lydia, BJ, Teresa (Athena and Merlin) and Illa, Peter and Nathan, Justin, McKenzie, Max and Christian, and Lynette, you too: we crave to see you all again someday (soon). I was glad to get to see your boys and girls Judy and Kara. You all can be so proud of the young people you have raised.

What a privilege it is for me to get to be a part of this wonderful family.

Whatever we decide to call it, I hope that the next time we meet we can all be together under happy circumstances.

Best wishes and much love to you and yours.

***aplogies to any I missed. I am getting old and senile now, you know.... =)

Peter said...

Sandi! You had donuts!!! Bon, that was worth at LEAST '3' cents.

lueria said...

I like voting:) Have Aunt Suzie put out dates the family can make it then how about everyone votes on a few dates. Then everyone add a place they think is a good idea. Just a thought. It has worked great for the last 10 years:). love you all. Sad it didn't work out this year. But rich and I were there till 2 days before lol. :p. Note we need to know dates by April to have all our kids there from camps and per the Judgment for our 2 week parenting plan. if possible. my kids love seeing everyone. hugs

Jim said...

All in all a very good and quick trip. I'm really glad that we did it. We were able to see many biological relatives as well as aunts and uncles from Mom's side of the family.

We're open to wherever as far as a get-together, informal gathering, migration destination, meeting, reunion, or whatever it's called. Knowing far enough in advance is always a good idea, but we're pretty flexible.
Love, Jim

lueria said...

Aunt Alilia, Bonnie, and my mom would love to do a gathering around their bday. That is May 25th. sometime that weekend. Florance beach would be fun. I know that would mean the world to them if we can do it. But I thinks its up to all my uncles and Aunts. I know school is going still, but maybe a beach people can drive from cali friday night and stay till sunday morning. I think that or 4th july. Those were my mother and Aunt's thoughts. Hugs