Sunday, October 3, 2010

Game camera pictures

It's nice to hear that others have a place from their past, such as Spirit Lake, that they have good memories of. Randy, Andrew, and I went to just such a place last weekend that I have good memories of. I hope that by taking them there it will have the effect of them taking their children there.

The mining claim on the Klamath River just above Seiad Valley is where many of my fond childhood memories emanate from. It's where Mom's story of some little kid upon hearing a crashing sound in the brush called out, "Come out and fight like a MAN, Bigfoot," came from. I'm not giving any names I'm just saying that this was not a very bright child, maybe a potential future recipient of a Darwin Award.

As I sit down and write this morning, it's after Andrew and I made a quick hunting trip back there yesterday. We left at 4 AM and we got back home at 8 PM. Just 24 hours ago I was slowly walking through the silent woods enjoying the fall season, reminiscing about the past, looking for a buck (not the dollar bill type), and checking the game camera. It's set up about 300 yards from where that little kid called out Bigfoot. Maybe he'll get lucky. Click on the title.
Jim

3 comments:

Peter said...

Pretty cool images, and beautiful bear.

Bonnie said...

I love the pictures you share. Was that you in a bear costume? The feet looked really familar.

Jim said...

No, my nails are longer than those.
Jim