Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I don't think I'm old enough........,

but maybe I am. It's been somewhat of a busy week. Randy has been saying he's going to be moving out...again, but yesterday it really happened. I know in all childrens' lives there is just such a time, but I don't think I'm old enough for him to do this. He's been wanting to do this for some time, but I was always coming up with good reasons why he shouldn't; mom's cooking, save money, free laundry, covered parking, mom's cooking. Did I mention Sandi's cooking? Yes, I wanted him at home. Some things about growing up aren't as fun as they seem. Makes me feel really old.

Another thing that makes me feel old is the fact that he can fix computer problems that I don't even understand. Case in point: tonight we had to go through the process of changing internet accounts from his account to our new account since he was paying for it while he was here. Yes, I did offer him the opportunity to pay for it even though he wouldn't be living here. He said, "no thanks." He's a very courteous boy. Anyway, I went down to get the "self-install" kit. Yeh, right. I took the installation process as far as I could and I had to wait for him to come over and finish it. I was close...only a cyber space away from solving it, just a couple clicks away. Now, I really feel old.
Jim

1 comment:

Peter said...

Jim, I know how you feel. I'm still going through withdrawel from my boys leaving. I really miss them. I'm convince men have their unique relationship, as do women to women. Only within this relationship can men be their true 'untamed' selves, Neadrethals. I don't think it's entirely healthy on a regular basis. Women keep us from discintergrating like Howard Hughes. Thank God for them, but they can be too sensible sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't like to revert back to the panting idiot I was before I met Karen, But running amuk through life has some temperal attraction.