Sunday, June 3, 2007

Glenda is coming out of the Dark Ages

I just completed my semester at SF City College and I am now free for the summer. I figure this is as good a time as any to try and teach this old dog some new tricks! Sandy, I am going to be counting on you to help me get back at that "Chuck" guy; Illa, your going to have to help us get some good pictures this next family reunion. I see by surfing the site a little bit that there is the capability to send your photos from the cell phone to the blog site...I get so jealous when I see these kool pictures on the blog that it makes me want to learn how to put my pictures up. I took some good ones when Lydia came out for my Mother's Day....I just hope I can learn how to do it before Lydia grows old and becomes a grandmother!! Hey, Jim & Sandi, I will be looking forward to seeing you at the wedding.

7 comments:

Peter said...

don't tell her anything. Chuck

other said...

Glenda, Congratulations! It is very difficult to immerse yourself in school and finally come to the end of the semester realizing how busy you really were. But, isn't it a great sense of joy to realize how much you learned, but more important to understand really how much you don't know? School is really a place, where, it puts you in your place!
If I can figure out this posting pictures thing, you can too. Of course, Randy is there to help me whenever I have a question. I'm still not sure how he naturally seems to know this stuff, but he does. So, the father that I am, I ask him.
Carpe diem,
Jim

other said...

hey !! I do love to see this site, lets me know about everyone. A good idea might be for the educated to teach us dummies here how to do the stuff like Glenda is talking about. Moving pictures and such, breathing .... ^...^ carp fishing like Jim does !!

other said...

of course you know how to cook carp,

1. on a thin plank of cherry wood about 1/8 inch thick and the length of the fish stretch fish over wood and secure fish to board.
2. build a fire in an open pit.
3. place plank with the fish on it on the hot coals
4. when skin will seperate from the fish easly remove from fire.
5, slowly remove fish from cherry plank
6. throw away the fish and EAT THE PLANK

of course with me that is the prefered way of eating any type of seafood.

other said...

Being the coastal person that I am, my mouth waters when I hear seafood and open fire uttered in the same sentence. But, only if a person uses alder wood and has a beer handy. Now that is real carpe diem.
Jim

other said...

forget the fish. Give me a good harris or hat ranch slab of bovine-medium rare. With portabella and walla-wallas.

other said...

Now, Dick, don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to bovine, I'm just appreciating everything. In fact, tonight we had bovine rib roast cut into steaks and seasoned for eight hours with garlic and black pepper after which I grilled over alder and washed down with an aged mixture of hops and spring water left to age to perfection. Ah, yes, the salad was perfect with a topping of Ranch Dressing and fresh pepper.
Jim
P.S. Excuse me, I must get a napkin to clean my chin.