Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Coastal Respite Care

Ok .. I'm going to look into Grants. Due to the fact I already am mortgaging one home business and trying to save the home Darrly mortgaged, I paid for, long story; unless I have a significant down payment for a business loan, I can't finance another home. My credit is good, my money is good; but with the new restrictions, I'd need way too much down then I could get in 3 months. So, I'll look into grants.

I'd love to have a respite home. This could give the provider, me or any other family member who wants to be involved, a chance to make earnings and still have a life.

The coast is such a wonderful place, as illa said, to meet your maker near the end or to come relax when you are so overworked; but it costs so much ....

Florence is a great little coastal town that still feels small. I like the otehr smaller towns as well, but you have to be near to be able to make is affordable with easy acsess for those who can't afford a lot, yet be able to make a living doing it.

Day Care a a good idea, almost anything in residentul care is. There is a real need.

If I got to the coast, I'd put a real effort into looking for other ventures. There is also a rooming house near downtown with two little stores in the bottom of it; for Sale. It is also affordable. That wouldn't be good for respite care as the rooms are upstairs, but it would be a great place to rent out for affordable respite for family and church members / providers needing vacations.

But if I was to make that kind of investment, I'd rather have property outside of town.

I'm going to go ahead and try to do something at the coast. anyone that wants to be a part of it is always welcome. I'd so much rather have a family investment then hire employees.

Ideas welcome ....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Suzy. i hope it works out for you. there is a nice place here in crescent city right on the bluffs that over looks the ocean, that i thought would make a nice B&B or a "respite care center." But it is in california and would be pretty expensive.
Dick

Peter said...

BTW, Nathan is always cruising the ads and found foreclosures in Lincoln city, financed by the holding bank, at 4.25 percent. You might check the various banks, could find something similar in Florence.