Friday, July 24, 2009

Reunion info from Feb. 4

Reunion 2009
Here's what I posted about the reunion:

In view of the fact that, if you have kids, or are thinking of having kids, or have a work or school schedule that you must consider, or if you don’t need to deal with the previous reasons and you fall into the category of just like to do something memorable on three-day weekends (like who doesn't?)it seems that taking advantage of holidays would be an important consideration. It appears that Labor Day falls on Monday, September 7 this year. I think school starts for us on Tuesday, Sept. 8.

I checked out Florence Keller Park near Crescent City and found out other than the fact that it’s really dark there (duh, it is in the Redwoods), and there are only two spaces with full hookups (and you’d have to wrestle the park host for one of them), and the restroom facilities are like those you may find at an old gas station on I5 somewhere between Sacramento and LA, it’s a great location. Even with all that said, I think that instead of there we should have the reunion at the local KOA. If you follow some of the links on the KOA website you may find yourself coming early and staying longer. There are a ton of things to do around here. OK, you were warned.

The local KOA is just a 2 miles north of CC on 101 and I think it would be a better location. Here’s a link: http://www.koa.com/where/ca/05102/

Here’s a link to a motel on the south side of Crescent City. I know Ben and Illa stayed there in the past. I’ll defer any questions to Illa, but I think it’s a pretty neat and quiet place, unless I’m on the beach cutting wood there. http://www.crescentbeachmotel.com/

Here’s another link to another place on the coast right in Crescent City. http://www.hamptoninn.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=CECCAHX. This place kind of 'chaps my buns.' They closed off "A" St. to put in their parking lot.

So, let it be written, so let it be said. It will be Friday, Sept. 4 thru Monday, Sept. 7…………......unless Suzi wants it at a different time.

Jim
2009 Reunion Coordinator-elect (we're STILL going through the vetting process)

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

I hope it's still in CC ... I just reserved places, cabins I think ... @ KOA.

lueria said...

I have a group spot at KOA. it fits 25 people. We can eat at out site if you want.

Peter said...

Karen and I reserved a spot at KOA. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Ben Garcia said...

sounds good 2 me im just drivin where april an mom tell me lol

Anonymous said...

BJ, your sounding like your dad every day;)