Friday, September 10, 2010

Accusations about comments

Dick's right, deleted comments always show that it was "deleted". As far as I know, there is no way to delete a comment without a record that it was once put there. But I'll look through the blog and see what I can find. In addition, to my knowledge, no one has been censored. The only time a comment has been removed is when there was a sensitive situation with a child, and the 'parent' of that child asked that the comments regarding 'their' child, might offend said child. AND, I should add here, though 'none' of your comments have been deleted, some personal responses are better said via personal email. For instance: "Peter, you are a total idiot, I want you to quit robbing little old ladies and torturing pacific coast squid". Something like that should be reserved to email, and settled one on one.

I'll let you know if I can find record of Lili and Jess's comment. But at this point, all evidence looks like computer or server error.

14 comments:

Peter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Peter said...

As you can see, there is a record that it was there. I'm going to try something else. (Peter)

Lili said...

Dear Peter, I know it was there, as I saw it on the blog, and this is not the first time.... but I am also aware, that it could have been from Facebook,but it was nothing bad, laugh. I was agreeing with you and Dick on what was said, .... I want to thank Dick on his answer, on what you wrote. The Blog., has had it's problems in the past, and know that, this could have been done.
Family mean so much to me, and I love love each and everyone of you. I do love the spice in my family, and it's healthy that we can have our openness, and the right to be upset, but also love is there, that is the best of what we share..... love, with me it's unconditional, on my part, anyway!!!!

Love Lili

Lili said...

not facebook,...... but it's where I find so many family, and all.... so was thinking of it.

other said...

I've been checking to make sure of my facts. I've searched for other possible ways "comment deleted" might be taken out; so far nothing. I'll have to keep looking. One thing we don't need in THIS family are more things to divide us. Our blog might be too open as far as administrative operations. If one person has the reins, then if there are questions then everyone can go to that one moderator and administrator. This way questions can be resolved without 'blanket suspicion'. The moderator is where the buck will stop. I nominate Dick. All in favor say 'I'. Peter

Dick said...

ya, I need one more thing to do. :) i cant even get done what i need to do to get done what needs done to do around here.

other said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
other said...

i nominate Max
Dick

Lili said...

Max woud have to ask his mom, Lueria, and it also should be an adult.

Who started the Blog,???? I know how busy the family is, ..... I love you all. I did the note that was left out, found out I had not signed in, and when I tried to post, it did the removal....... I vote Rick, or Bonnie, laugh!!!! :)

Bonnie said...

No way. More family is on Face Book anyway. I have enough trouble finding time to keep in touch with everyone there.

Jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandi Hooper said...

I am glad that the blog is here, and I'm glad that facebook is available too. More places to share our love, our laughs, our tears, and most important our PHOTOS! Viva the blog! Viva the facebook!!! Party on.

Sandi Hooper said...

I hope you guys will please quit deleting my comments, would ya?!

Illa said...

I vote "Peter", as he is the oldest, most senior, and hopefully the wisest??? Sorry Peter. Clan Elder you know.