Friday, September 17, 2010

update from the davis/miller family



Hello, well all Im not on facebook any longer. .  So if I don't reply you will understand on it. :) Rich is working starting 6pm to 6am coming in October. He is doing well. We are going to a wedding in October in napa valley. Fun. Can't wait to spend time with him.  Christian just passed his blue belt in ty kwon do. Fun day, Aunt Bonnie, Alilia, and my mom came with Uncle Rick and Jess. How sweet it was to see my kids feel the support. Justin even came with a friend. After Christians testing we all went to Red Robin for dinner. McKenzie decided to stay home because she wasn't feeling well. School is going ok for her, she struggles because she doesn't know anyone. Poor thing. I really wasn't much impressed with High school for the same reason.  On the other hand Max is loving High School. LOL  Christian decided that he would like to try to learn to play a violin this year so he's going to give that a whirl.  Justin just called to tell me he was hired on to become a knife engraver. Excited for him, I know he will do well at whatever he sets his mind too. He's from 8pm to 4am, he's getting off the same time as daddy Rich. I told him daddy rich can hang out on their off time. lol. 

Work is going great for me. I keep praying to stay busy. We started Alpha as a family Thursday nights. Life is going good. My walk with the Lord is going good. I'm going to start a bible study class soon. I miss it. I am learning a lot about Adult hood and trying to learn how to communicate.  It's hard when feelings get hurt and seeing how me and others respond.  Its hard learning everyday but its good. My kids ask me questions why some act in some ways.  I just tell them we are all learning to have Jesus's heart.  Forgiveness I have learned about a lot  this year. Thank you Uncle Peter for your talks. I love them. It only took 4 years. lol. Now I'm learning about people reactions thru my daughters heartache.  My daughter and I are doing amazing.  Also with my kids reading the blog and how we all relate to one another.  I have learned she is a little me. lol. And I love it.  I would just ask one thing. Please don't assume someone has mental health problems (unless your in the doctors office and heard it first hand), nor thinking you understand the relationship thru the hard-times with condemnation and criticize  and understand its not gossip if you are taking about your feeling about a situation you are in. Ask if this person needs support, maybe not understanding full story, and giving them understanding during their time of pain.  I have called and not emailed when I needed explanations. I'm slow I know. lol. I have heard that email, or texting is the worst way to communicate if its a serious situation. :)

Life is so short and I bet people don't know how I felt if I died tomorrow. I am very deep and passionate. And I have always told my kids the joke it when people go to funerals and never called that person in the last 5 years.  I love all my family. But I know some don't know what to do with me. lol. And I'm good. That is why I take my time reading this blog and enjoying all the words. I feel connected to you all. I love the reunions and my kids love them.  lets post postive fun blogs of our memories. It will make all of us smile. :) Here I go. And please forgive me if i have hurt anyone feelings. 

Aunt Glenda family- Teisha and I on a bus when I was 15. A guy was threatning a women and I stepped in. Teisha thought I was crazy. He brought a knife out and chased us. Aunt Glenda always the time to explain what im learning. Julie and her daughter at the family reunion. and her son talking by the campfire. 

Uncle Dick and Chuck- talking about stories. And Uncle Dick with smores. Memories will always be with my kids that know one will understand how he makes them feel good. 

Aunt Illa and Uncle Ben's family- c0ffee in the morning while camping. And how sweet threasa and ben growing up with them. Justin loves his cousin's. Memories he always treasure.

Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Rick- going to Farrals with Amie. and my kids walking with them with their dogs. and now Christian with belt testing. 

Aunt Alilia and Uncle Jess- Always keeping in touch with my Uncles and Aunts. I have great memories with all my cousins growing up. Taking me to school everyday. 

Uncle Peter and Aunt Karen with Nathian and Peter- love how welcoming they are with me and my family.  Love how supportive they were to help me find my daughter. They even were going to start a web site for me. My heart will never forget you guys and your love. You have taught me about Jesus heart. thank you

Aunt Suzie and all my cousins- They are like brothers and sisters. Words can't describe all my memories. lol. We all lived together for  a few years with my mom in seaside. mike always being funny, Richard and I playing super
hero's in the house, Judy farting and burping, and Kara being my best freind. Aunt Suzie's buying me a dress and letting me come and visit. And Raj being so kind.

Uncle Jim and Sandi- Loving all the kind words you have said to me and my kids. And keeping us connected in your life. You son's coming to the reunion and welcoming all of us with their wives. Bigfoot, family genes. Wow you have connected us deeper to our roots and thank you. 

My mom for being so a hard worker and strong. hugs. 

12 comments:

Dick said...

wow, Lureia. thanks for the updates. The Miller family is one busy family.
Christian taking up the violin. that really is impressing. that is something i have wanted to do in the past.
Im glad that Justin and Rich will be able to soend more time together.
As for facebook. I find it very in-personable. (i think thats the right term to use). its good for finding people, in my opinion. If it wasnt for FB i would not have the communication with my daughter that i have.
Hey, you going to be in NAPA? julie lives there, and Glenda is there most weekends. If you have time you should try to get together with them. Im 2 hours away and i could try to make an effort to see you guys.
Your Mom IS a very strong woman, and i think, no im sure thats where you get it. :) And from what little time i have gotten to spend with her, a hoot.
Ya HIGH SCHOOL SUCKED, and i knew everyone that was in my freshman class. After all i did go to school with the same people since the 3rd grade. Just remind Mckensie that its 4 years. And a time to make new friends.
I always enjoy reading your and the kids post on the blogg. WHERES RICH :P Sounds like hes a busy man and a fine provider. Good for both of you.

Bonnie said...

What a nice post. I am so proud of your kids and so impressed how loving they are to Rick and I. We had so much fun the other night with you guys. And yes Rich is such a good provider and a very kind person. Rick and I love reconnecting with all our family out here and look forward to making more great memories.

lueria said...

Uncle Dick love your words. I will I will be there Tues night Oct 12. would love to see you. If we can meet that night I will leave early to make it to see you guys. Fun. love to see Julie too. hugs

Thank you Aunt Bonnie hugs :)Rich is kind but I have made him more thoughtful. lol. He never talks to his family. lol. ;) inside joke with him and I.

Jim said...

Lueria,
Behind your strong side there's a deep, thoughtful, intuitive, caring. and loving person. You have a great family and a great extended family. It sounds like you have made some good memories with famly which makes a precedent for future good memories. You'll never regret having spent time with your kids.
You're doing great.

Dick said...

Darn it, cant get away on a weekday. oh well

Peter said...

This was a sweet post. You certainly have inherited your mom's positive attitude. Amen to what Jim says about family times and memories. But ya know, this is a real strong point in our family; our kids/grandkids are a huge priority with us. Near as I can tell, though some of us might have missed it ourselves growing up, unconditional love is what makes it all work in the end. Keep it up. PnK

Peter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandi Hooper said...

Lueria, you and Rich and the kids bring Jim & I a lot of joy. I send you love, and warmest wishes. Can't wait to spend time with you again. Keep the updates coming. You never cease to amaze and inspire me.

lueria said...

we might be able to do weekend. just wont know till the week of . if we have the kids. I will call you. hugs. love you all.

Dick said...

i just relized the weekend before wont work either. chucks nephew is going camping that weekend. He watches chuck on sunday, while i do what ever.

Illa said...

Ben and I loved spending time with you too. We were so glad that you had found someone who was as strong as you and you just seemed to "click". We watched you grow, as much as we were able, and then watched you again in Teresa. You 2 could have been twins growing up. I wish we could see you more. May when you come down, I could meet you in Redding for a visit. I work Friday, Saturday, Sunday and every other Monday. Or even in Mt. Shasta. I know Teresa would like to see you. I still go up there every week. Usually Wednesday night come home Thursday afternoon. I Love you guys. Glas things are going well.

Teresa Garcia said...

And now we see the pattern of face and personality repeating in Athena.

Would love to see you whenever the opportunity comes. McCloud is a great town, really ought to come see it. Lots of history here and awesome hiking.