Friday, December 18, 2009

adventures with the C man

I can tell my days are going to be long and i will get very little sleep. oh well.
well, he is doing ok today. got him to take a shower, then we ventured to acouple of places and then went and ate out. he seems to not be to objective to some of my suggestions. if he dosnt want to eat when i think its time i can usually convince him by just doing it. i think the big thing is that he needs to keep up on his meds, and make sure he eats and drinks the right stuff.
its pretty tough when you never had to be responsible for anyone but yourself. I know that demanding dosnt work and being a know it all just inferiates him. i make sure that i let him know that "this is my suggestion" he ask "why" and i tell him "cuz every one cares" :) that seems to do the trick.
any way thats my story for now.

5 comments:

Jim said...

Thanks for the update. It sounds like you're already finding out what works and what doesn't work. You're fulfilling many roles when you deal with him and they're all necessary. If you're already finding out the line "cuz every one cares" works, go with it.
Thanks, Jim

lueria said...

wow, its hard helping people that don't understand why you want to help. Your sweet to be there for your brother. Hugs

Sandi Hooper said...

So glad that you're getting him to cooperate. Thank you for sending word--I've been holding my breath waiting to know that you are doing it. Good work on the food and meds. I've got you on my heart and the situation in my mind and prayers. Hang tough. We're all rooting for you!

Glenda said...

I am so glad you got the wireless working and you can keep us up on your progress. You have quiet an adventure ahead of you, Dick; but remember the Lord will be there to help you with how you are going to manage with him. love ya.

Jess and Lili said...

Thank you Dick, I know you can do it, and I know that he will be great and we do love him. Thank you, and if you need something let me know ok.......

I feel at this time, it will be slow, but he does work with the understanding that we care. Chuck and I did get along great and he does like to go to Church, it is a nice place and the people care, that would also make him feel connected.

Love sent, I am so glad that you could be there for him.

Love your sister Lili

We meet with Jess' lawyer Monday, keep all of this for Jess in your prayers ok...