Saturday, December 5, 2009

Relative Finder at 23andMe

(THIS IS JIM'S SON RANDY POSTING)

As most of you know I have been doing quite a bit of genealogical research on our family over the last several years. I have found out many cool and exciting things I was totally unaware of before I started.

One of the ways that I have been able to confirm my research has been with the relatively new tool of DNA testing. Recently, one of the DNA testing companies that I have been testing with (23andMe) released a new tool broadening our ability to use DNA to locate our relatives. The tool is called Relative Finder. I am including a link to 23andMe's blog entry about this new tool so you can all read about it and see what the future holds for genealogical research. Click below or on the title of this blog entry to read about Relative Finder on 23andMe's blog, "The Spittoon."

http://spittoon.23andme.com/2009/11/19/introducing-relative-finder-the-newest-feature-from-23andme/

I encourage all the family members to get tested if possible.

3 comments:

Peter said...

That is a really slick deal.

lueria said...

cool, i want to do this. only 500$ is hard to give. lol. but i will soon. I don't know my dad. so I would love to see that side too.

Jim said...

I feel this is important on many levels. We are at a place in time where we can know more of our past and pass on to our kids things that we have that are important for them to know; heritage, history, health predispositions, and their future.
It's almost like being a fly on the wall of the past and being able to see into the future.
Jim