Saturday, December 26, 2009

Lynnette

Well as many of you know i have not had communication with my daughter since she was 5. On nov 12 :) i got one of the greatest presents that a father could ask for. I found her on facebook thru a mutual friend that is in her 70s. Since i saw that she was posting on her wall every now-and-then, I decided i would post on this mutual friends wall. Just to let her know i was around.
about a week after that i requested her as a friend. it took 1 week for her to accept it. After some communication with Bonnie and her thinking about it for awhile she accepted my friend request:) :) :) :) :)
At that time i sent her a message start out with "I dont know how or even where to start" immediatly after that the chat window popped up and it was her. I have to tell you i was a little more than nervious.
Its funny cuz she wrote back that she was composing a message stating "I dont know how or even where to start, lol". I told her "great minds think alike".
we have chated on line almost every night since. Sometimes just to say "Hi" or talk for 3 hours. I cant even tell you the joy that floods my soul as we share things past, and present. some times i break down in tears because i understand her so well. She deffinitaly has my genes, and sense of humor.
When we meet will be awhile. With everything that has to be established between the two of us, and family situations, it may be awhile. Thats ok. Shes in my life.
For 18 years I knew that God would answer my prayers. There hasnt been a day that has gone by that I have not asked, believed and hoped that this time would happen.
This holiday season has been the GREATEST EVER.
Dick

8 comments:

Jim said...

I'm happy for you that it's all led to this. It's a holiday season to remember.
Jim

Lili said...

Dear Dick, I am so happy for you, it is so wonderful to have you having this creating in your life, with your daughter. I know how much you have loved her, and the years of joy that you will have as you create this wonderful connection with your daughter. God is good, He really is the healer and I have seen this within the family unit. This family is a family of love, with all the spice in our group...

Also thank you for helping with Chuck and I know that you are good for him, and he knows we love him. I am always there for the both of you, and feel it is a good match for the both of you.

love your sis, to both of you.
Lili

Sandi Hooper said...

I've typed many responses to this and deleted them all--words just cannot express the joy. All the best to you both as you forge the next chapter in your stories, together!

Glenda said...

Dick, this is truly an indicator of the good year ahead that the Lord has planned for you. It is exciting for me to think of standing on the threshold of a new beginning....oooooh, this is going to be another great adventure! Get your armor on, brother - you are not in this alone!

Ben Garcia said...

that is totally awesome, right on dick, glad you stumled on her an gittin to chat all the time now :)

lueria said...

great!! I'm glad for you both. I want to find my dad. I wish he could find me like you have done. Good for you. I would be proud if my dad was a great as you.

Teresa Garcia said...

That's wonderful. Hopefully someday I'll get to meet her.

Anonymous said...

Teresa,
me too.
Dick