Monday, March 8, 2010

Sandi came down for the weekend!!!!

We had a great time. On Saturday we went to Palm Springs and saw where the tram operated, marveled at all wind turbines in the area, drove around town, visited an art festival, and almost viewed the longest playing movie in town 'The Sex Life of Dates.' A town near there is reputed to be the Date Capital of the California. I'm not a big date fan as they're too close to raisins, and I'm not a big raisin fan either.


Sunday we drove out to the desert to Joshua Tree National Park and I almost froze my tail off. It got down to 33* at the higher elevations. We had to turn around when we tried to go over there by way of Lake Arrowhead as there were chain restrictions in effect.
While at the park we saw a sign that said "Exhibit" but we drove past it as I thought it was too cold for any kind of exhibiting. Maybe if we come here later on I'll consider it.

4 comments:

Dick said...

Glenda and i really enjoyed the slide show. Looks like you had a great time.

lueria said...

that is so cool. Is that snow? crazy. hugs and stay strong. been thinking and praying a lot.

Peter said...

Nothing like having the love of your life with you after some absence.

Teresa Garcia said...

What's the snow doing down there? Growing dead zones in the ocean and snow in the desert. I think my brain broke.