Sunday, April 18, 2010

long walk off a short pier.


Well not quite. im not Jim ;) I did think about going for a swim, then i used common sense.
I got to get away for awhile today. I have been looking forward to going up to Donner Lake for 4 years. Driven past it many times, but never gat a chance to stop. So i decided that i would take the trip today.
Donner Lake is about 35 miles west of Reno, which I thought seriously about going to, but thought best to save that for a better time.
The lake is at 6800 foot elevation. The weather there was BEAUTIFUL, as you can tell. I just hung out by the lake and enjoyed the mountain air.
I really do love this are, only problem it is California.


4 comments:

Jim said...

Looks like you had a great time and a great day to do it on. I love the high mountains like those, but I wouldn't want to have been the Donner Party.
Jim

Peter said...

Nice. Looks like crisp, clear, glorious. The Donner party probably perceived the place a bit different. It reminds me of Louis and Clark and all the beauty they must of seen. Like the rain forests of Northern Oregon. If I recall reading correctly, they were soaked to the bone constantly. Kinda takes the glory out of it for them.

Sandi Hooper said...

Wow, pretty! Where was jack o lope?

Dick said...

if you look hard enough, hes in the first picture.