Saturday, November 7, 2009

Jess and Lili

Last week we went out to the house in St. Helens, have the bedroom done, and bathroom, also moved someout of the trailor in the back to the shed, and that is empty.... putting the boxes in there to sort and then remove all from that, papers from stuff, boxing it all up, then will move all the paper into the house to go through and burn in the barral and fireplace what we don't wish to save......... we will be going back Tuesday to finish off the room off the kitchen, and the front room and kitchen, it's going great, and fast, as a lot in the front room was already packed, ready to go. half of it's been removed already, so not much more to do. We are looking at finishing the inside off this week, Next will be the garage, that we plan on doing the week after this coming week, then everything will be moved off the place, and it will just be setting there, until we look at the next step.

Then we will look at if we will talk and see, all the car's and bikes will be removed, then clean the outside and set for the winter, so that it looks good,......... we will have the water still turned off as a pipe broke under the house,........ I wish to power wash the house down outside and, do the windows, maybe dress is out for Christmas though no one will be there other then to work with the inside of what we plan on doing,..... Jess is liking working around it, and he is taking it easy.

We have friends and neighbor's helping, out with us, they would love to see us come back.

We have had so much fun with Rick and Bonnie when we can get together, we miss not being with each other, all of us, we have a hoot, with Lisi, and the rest of us, when we can spend time, seems like the good old day's, just relaxing working together, and playing.......... work, fun and laughter, also looking forwards to doing stained glass, and music.... God is Good.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to everyone that has helped us in the family during this trying time........ Lili and Jess

Jim said...

Sounds like you're making good progress on your house. For me, it's always good when the major part of a job is behind me instead ahead of me. Now you can look forward to starting your stained glass projects.
Jim

ILLA said...

Kool. I know that was a lot of work. Mine needs to be done yet but haven't had the heart yet. that includes the trailer. That will be next when the porch is done. It is shingled. it leaked like a sieve when it rained. More where I thought it might and some where I thought it should not. Got it fixed this morning. I hope. I hear that we are supposed to get rain this next few days so will see if It is done. If not, on to plan B. I refuse to go to Plan Y. that is too much work. Should be done before hitting plan C which is the last in the line which should work.

Still have stairs and a ramp to build but if can't get to them before winter, I can at least get by with what is there. It is good to be close to the end. i can see light at the end of the tunnel finally.

You will rest easier when you get it done tho. It won't be such a weight on your mind just staring at you and nagging. Wish I could be there to help but I am not going anywhere very soon. Seems like I am doing a lot of getting nowhere fast. Anyway. Take care and know that we love you guys.

Illa

Lili said...

Illa
I know what you mean, I have wished to get this done and would have, if I had been able to be out there at the place.

I am a fast worker, so it was great working on it, and all, Jess did help in his way, removing and packing the kitchen, it was good for him, but also I made sure he took breaks and did it slower in what we wish to do, but also would not let him over do, stuff or that he was still not strong enough to do, with his body. He could really tell, and wanted to push himself and I had to make him stop.

It made him somewhat angry but also I could understand, as we have always done everything ourselves, the two of us, and it hit him how much his life is changing.

It does make him feel good that he and Rick get along so great and we are talking about coming together as a unit, and Jess likes this, with him. He is happy how they are with him, and support what he wishes, not trying to change his idea's, and all, but supportive, like I am with him.

Rick and him, really hit it off, and it's great to see this, and he is so happy having Rick with him, when we do connect and can spend time, we all get along great, and Lisi, Bonnie and Rick share so much, in music, and hanging out, like the good old day's, she is blooming, it's great. I am so happy, as their are a wonderful unit, coming together, and it's a joy to me seeing this, as they share stuff that they all like, and also with myself. It is a life that we are used to growing up, and the plan's we are talking about. I love having them here, and supportive for Lis and Jess.
Love to all Lili

Sandi Hooper said...

I'm happy that things are going so perfectly for you right now. I hope that you can get this heavy duty work done before the weather gets bad, and that you can enjoy the holiday seasons together as a "unit" as you were saying.

other said...

What i wish for this Christmas, is to have the house all done, but for fixing it up for Christmas, and then I will remove that after Christmas, as that is my special holiday, we are not going to be doing anything for this year, but hanging out as a family and I was hoping to be at where it was I was to be, but I will just have to see...

It would be great if the settlement came in for Jess, and that was in place for him.... what a wonderful Christmas that would be for him.... Love Lili