Saturday, November 14, 2009

“ Kids say the darndest things,”

....at least that’s what Art Linkletter said, and our kids are no exceptions. Andrew and Rachael wanted to try out a new eatery in town and being the inquisitive and supportive parents that we are we said we’d like to try it out too. It was especially nice of them to give us cards of congratulations for us being grandparents again since Randy and Claudia announced that they are expecting around May 24. That’s what I call being a supportive little brother, congratulating us for being grandparents twice and it’s not even them that are having the baby!

Then I read the card again and it was asking if we are ready to be grandparents a third time. Being the teacher I am I got out my abacus and started adding up babies and parents and any numbers I could think of and realized one of two things; either Randy and Claudia were having twins or Andrew and Rachael were PG too. It was the latter, and they are due around May 19. They showed us a sonagram and Rachael thinks the baby looks like a kidney bean with legs. I think it looks more like a lima bean with legs. Art was right.



Here's a salmon I caught last Sunday. It's the first one I've ever caught from my kayak. It was like catching a salmon but a salmon on steroids. It took about 25 minutes to land. Have you every tried to paddle and reel at the same time? I highly recommend it.

Jim

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

so they finally got the hint. you know for 2 people that have college educations, they are really slow. awsome, but slow.
that is reallly a nice looking hen, but i cant tell if the adipose is clipped or not. hmm. anyway i hope she smoked up good. as i look at the picture i can taste smoked salmon. num, num.
Dick

Peter said...

Great news about RnA. A lot of joy coming up! Big fish.

ILLA said...

That is so cool. Your family is growing by leaps and bounds. It is so neat that they are going to be so close in age. Wait till they get to school. It will be interesting also if you guys end up being their teachers too. Awesome looking fish. You could just about let the fish pull you about.

LILI AND LISI said...

WONDERFUL FROM LISI AND MYSELF, IT'S GREAT BEING A TWIN, AND WE LOVE IT THAT THEY ARE GOING TO BE BORN AT THAT TIME, HOPE IT IS ON THE 25TH, LAUGH.... THEN TWO SET'S OF TWIN, ON THE SAME DAY FOR A BIRTHDAY.............. LISI AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS DAY,

LET US KNOW IF YOU WILL KNOW IF THEY CHOOSE TO KNOW IF IT WILL BE A BOY'S OR GIRL'S, SO WE CAN MAKE SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR THEM.

Sandi Hooper said...

Wow bun, this post has something for EVERYONE! Way to cover all the bases! hug you honey.

@ Lili: NOT TWINS. Andrew and his wife are having a baby within the same couple of weeks at the end of May that Randy and his wife are having a baby. The end of May is going to be a crazy time for us here.

@ everyone: Maybe 4th of July would be a good holiday for a reunion this year? Let us know if you're interested.

luerai said...

wow christian would love to do that. He wants a salmon so bad and loves fishing. I will show him this when he gets back home next friday. Good job uncle!!

Dick said...

lueria, you dont live to far from the sandy river. its suppose to be one of the hottest fisheries right now. problem is everyone and there dog is there, so prepare for some combat fishing. i dont fish there for that reason. to many people.

Lili said...

the 4th of July sounds great, as I remember how great and fun it was the year we had it there at that time, in the past........ also be aware all, we need to see about reserving for that time, as time passes by sooooooo fast. I know that Jess and Lisi, will be able to make it, and also Bonnie and Rick, so sounds wonderful....

Jim I was wondering if Bonnie, Lis and I could bring in our 60th in May at CC, I will be talking with them as we would like to do it, when the three of us are 60!!!!!

Bonnie and Rick are going to be with us, and help with the house, figuring on what to do,... looking at Buying Jess and Rick in Vancouver area together, so the funds go towards a home. Jess and Rick get along great, and we all sing, so we can create a joyful noise.

ILLA said...

July 4th weekend sounds good to me. I remember Ben and I and Jim's family, getting to celebrate the 4th there on the beach one time. Just a few years ago.... right there at Battery Point. I will plan for it. Maybe we can get to see everyone more this time.

Love to all. Illa

Teresa Garcia said...

Athena didn't think that fish was real.

Jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jim said...

Lili, CC would be a great place to ring in all the birthdays. We'll figure on it.
Jim

P.S. Yep, the deletion was me. I can think faster than I can type....but not much.