Thursday, July 19, 2007

My news -- Dick

Tonight as im in prayer God has reminded me of some the times that he has moved in my life to spare it.
WHY?? I ask.
some time ago some people at a church that i went to gave me a scripture that has since then been given to me by others that had no relationship to each other. Except that they loved God and had a relationship with Jesus.
That scripture is..
JEREMIAH 29:11- 14. With an emphasis on verse 11
FOR I KNOW THE THOUGHTS THAT I HAVE FOR YOU, SAYS THE LORD. THOUGHTS OF PEACE AND NOT OF EVIL, TO GIVE YOU A FUTURE AND A HOPE.
Another translation puts it this way..
FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU, SAYS THE LORD. THEY ARE PLANS FOR GOOD AND NOT FOR DISASTER, TO GIVE YOU A FUTURE AND A HOPE.
Over the time of my life i can think of 4 times the Jesus stepped in my life and my life was actually spared or i was kept from harm. I know thers more.

1- while i lived in L.A. as a child. I used to walk the streets by myself at the age of 5-7 not just a few blocks from home but miles from where Mom and i were lilving. ask Peter.
2- Hitchhiking across country. I met a guy i hitched with from Bakersfield CA. - Cinncanatti OH. I was 15 We were in Amarillo TX, and met a sholdier that was AWOL and was hanging out with us thinking he was going to travel with us. But he had other plans. In the middle of the night my frend woke me and told me to get out of there. He had been watching this guy and every few minutes the guy would look to see if i was sleeping. at one point my friend noticed that he started to come at me with an ax, but i had moved in such a way this guy thought i was awake. That was about the time that my friend told me to get away,
3-Rapid City S.D.-- I was living on the street with an indian friend. Fred Mokisonface, never forget him. We were dealing speed on the street and a coupe of guys stopped therre car and came up to us and one of them pointed a gun in my face at point blank range. Fred stepped between the gun and i. the guy backed off and left. Fred was about 6'8 and 250 lbs-i was 16.
4-there was an instance this last summer '06 that God provided protection in the form of a pitbull. at 3:00 in the morning in susanville CA. not only protection but friendship.

why do i bring this up??

On july the 9th i had a Dr appointment and they drew some blood. on the11th i got a call that the labs were in and that they showed that i had Diabetis. and the preliminaries showed that i could be infected with Hepatitis C.
The next day I went in for more Blood test and on Monday The dr. called me back and told me that the results came back Positive for Hep C and that my liver is inflamed. The last week has been really hard, but i remember what God has promised me...
FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU, SAYS THE LORD. THEY ARE PLANS FOR GOOD AND NOT FOR DISASTER, TO GIVE YOU A FUTURE AND A HOPE.
This is not just positive thinking,but a promise from God, that this is just a season. A time to put my faith to work and his promises into action.

The first instinct some people is to feel sorry for themselves. well ive done that and that party is over and i dont want to have that party again.
My God is bigger than sickness, desiese, or even death. and he for sure bigger than this that i have been diagnosed with.
He took that to the cross and conqured it. He has provided healing thru HIS blood and His body.
So in all this i ask for your prayers. prayers of thanksgiving and healing. not religious "well if its your will" prayers. for it is his will that i will be healed. he will not go against his promises.

My next appointment is on the 31st to see where we go from here. Pray that God will give the dr. wisdom to treat this the right and most expediant way.

...and now the adventure with God continues.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God has a reason for all things as I think we know. Satan shows and brings bad things I think. It is our job to see and realize which is which. Also, no matter what happens to us here, it WILL be better in Gods hands. The questions I want to ask Him !! Our prayers to you and the doctors and the thanx to God for the insight He gives us !!

Anonymous said...

My son has Hep C. He has had it for years. It has never seemed to affect him. He is on a routine of nutrition and prayer. Just this year he was able to get the Hep C. injections. We'll know for sure if they helped within a few months.

A few years ago I had a lady, come to my home, who was dying from Hep C. She also had diabetis, etc. They gave her 6 weeks. Within 6 months she was 95% better through proper nutrition and pray ofcourse. 2 years later they tested her for Hep C and found none. Course her liver was shot from drug addiction, alcohol and the Hep C. But with no trace of it left, they offered to give her a liver transplant; if she would give up the 3 cigs a day she was still smoking. I was weaning her of them. Being Diabetic and/or ill, my residents have a hard time giving up the few pleasures in life they hold to. However, I am sure that is why addiction kills; it's called addiction wither it's food or drugs or etc.

She refused to give up her last 3 cigs a day. It made me ill that we had fought such a battle to get her well and she refused to take the last steps. She was just 55. She left my home in Nov. 05. because she wanted to do what she wanted to do. I am here to help people live, not watch them die unless there is no choise. I went to see her in Feb. of 06. She was so ill again she could barely stand up, as she was when she came to me. She wanted to come back home to me. I took her back, but we could never recover her after she went back to a bad diet, as much smoking as she wanted and not drinking the water I insisted she drink; she thought I was so mean while I was helping her live. Now she was desperate to live. But she came back on Hospice. She died on my BD last year.

It's all about nutrition. Never let anyone ever tell you different. You can take medication to cover up and maintain, meds don't cure.

God gave us choises. I have seen what others might consider not possible; with good choises in how we live our lives !

I will pray for you. And if there is anything I can do for support, let me know. Also please write to my son. He has conquered so much. And he is a robust, fit and happy man; in prison .. no less.

other said...

Dick,
You're right, God does have plan, and you've seen evidence of that plan your entire life. I'll think good thoughts and pray that the correct course of action is given and taken.
Jim