Saturday, July 21, 2007

News from Ben and Illa

With Ben's permission I am posting his latest letter in the event that you may not have received their latest news, Jim


Hi,
Well, we made it out of Redding. Illa went under for surgery Tuesday and was released Wednesday. We had planned to stay in Redding for the night, but as soon as she was discharged we talked and both agreed it would be nicer to be home.
The doc said the surgery went as he thought it would, no problems. She is confined to the bed or sofa for the next week but can walk a bit every three hours. No cooking or work. I think she had the doc say that so I had to cook !! All is going well now that we are home. The staples should be taken out the 25th. After that, we will try to make it to the reunion. I will have my treatment during the time she has the staples taken out. We really hope to make it !!
B.J. will be there with the girls he lives with. The 29th. is his birthday, so I really hope to have Illa there with him.
I hope things are going well up there for you guys? How does Jess like retirement? Tell him to get a bike and we can putt. Lueria would get a kick out of that huh !! lol
Write when you can. Ben

1 comment:

other said...

talked to Ben last night. Illa seems to be doing good. but hey - shes on drugs! lucky girl.
cant wait to see them. and the rest of you clowns