Sunday, November 18, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Where does the time go? It hardly seems possible that we are nearing the end of another year. I have been back home in the City for a year now and it hardly seems possible. In a way, it seems like I hadn't left...it only took a while for me to get back into the groove of city living. I really love the hustle and bustle of city life. I also love being in an area that I can get to anything my heart desires with just a short drive.

The oil spill is still big news down here, but it is coming to an end. They are finding fewer and fewer dead birds and even fewer live birds that can be saved, although there are a few here and there. I don't watch TV so I don't know much of what is going on, but I do know that the contamination affected a lot of us with head aches and sore throats the week after the accident. I plan to go down to the Ferry Building when we have Thanksgiving and see what I can see.

This year Teisha and I will have Thanksgiving with Lueria and Rich down here in our new home. They will leave Portland on Wednesday afternoon and drive straight through. It will be nice to have them here since this is my first year without Lydia. She is still hanging in there in Tucson, but there have been some hard times for her. Hopefully I will see her after Christmas since she is working retail and can't take time off for the holidays.

Whitney and Michelle have survived their first year of coaching Zach's football team. I got to see them in action once and see them win. Now they start ballet season with the girls so like all of your kids, they are busy, busy, busy.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm thinking of each and every one of you and want you to know that I am praying for you and your families. Love you all, Gi

2 comments:

Jim said...

Glenda,
Good to hear from you. I'm happy for you that you're where you want to be, and that you have your own place. Life is too short not to be happy. Of course, that could lead it a philosophic debate, so I'll not open that point right now.

How is school going? I hope that you're enjoying your classes. I really enjoy school, as a student, and as a teacher. There's so much to learn and my brain is so small! I think that teaching is a way to share that enjoyment and get paid for it too. We have three days off for Thanksgiving this year, but I don't think we're going anywhere. Hopefully I can go fishing and kayaking some.
Carpe diem,
Jim

Anonymous said...

I'm going to do some hiking, Jim. I found my GPS unit and can hardly wait to use it. I have been here for a year without it and have been dieing - almost tempted to buy another but knew I would run into it sometime. I am really enjoying school. Have only 2 more papers to write and 3 more classes for this semester. Hard to believe it has gone by so fast! Love you guys have a good one. Love, Gi