Thursday, November 8, 2007

update --click here after you read

well, after procrastinating and not sure what im going to do ive made my decision.
for those that havnt hear I got the results for my biopsy.
I have chronic Hepatitis C. geno type 1, stage 2-3, level 2-3. the highest is 4 which indicates croisis.
I had the liver biopsy and they found "mild to moderate interface hepatitis grade 2-3 of 4. and periportal fibrosis and focal architectural distortion stage 2-3 of 4" The 4 represents chirosis of the liver and then the next stage is cancer. The Dr. wants me to go on interferon and ribavirin treatment. its suppose to be pretty nasty treatment for about 48 weeks. the interferon is a natural body producing antibody that fights off. infections. I would just be upping the amount that my body produces. The side effects are not real pleasant http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/chronichepc/#g . this websight will probably tell you more that you care to know.
My emotion have been going up and down with this. I have an tendency to over analyze things sometimes. and i get a little neurotic. I had a meeting with my supervisor today and He is really supportive of my needs. they are going to work with me on my schedule. Im starting this on the week before christmas, as that is when my anniversary is and then i will take the following week off as a personal week.
Then I will take it Day by Day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must feel good to have the big decision behind you. We'll be praying for you as you go through it. Peter

Anonymous said...

remember, as you always say, "need and want" , we all hope and pray the doc guides you with the correct meds. No matter what the "side effects", the alternative is worse. So, suck it up and enjoy the good days when they are there cause they will be there still !!