Friday, November 30, 2007

Say 'hello' to Poof


This is Sandi's cat, 'Poof.' At least, this is what I call her. Sandi calls her Clarice. She's a saucy one, isn't she? Luscious lips, long nails, sultry look, and long lashes. A bane to any unwary suitors.

I don't know about anyone else (except, maybe Peter, who says that he is old), but I think these 5-day work weeks are looonnnng, especially when I went into it thinking that Friday was a 'training day,' that was canceled. It seems like the kids' momentum builds throughout the week, while mine wanes. Their energy level reaches its apex on Friday while mine is well on its way south on its downward slide.

I'm convinced, whoever came up with these 5-day work-weeks was not a teacher, in fact, I don't think they really existed in the real work world. The concept probably emanated in a drug-induced stupor because they wanted to get more production from their workers with minimal effort from themselves. But, I think that teaching keeps a person young(er) from the simple reason that you must match the energy level of the kids. Tonight, Friday night, the kids won. I'm tired. Besides, my favorite character on Survivor just got booted. Good night.
Jim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny you should put up something about teaching !! Last night I woke up thinking how hard it must be to teach. A teacher must not only be able to educate b but be a source to guide a student to find more material, plus the ability to recognize what interests a student and fuel that thirst. I really do appreciate what you guys, and gals, do.

Sandi Hooper said...

This is a terrible photo of Clarice...She's a much prettier kitty than this photo reveals. Jim just thinks it is hilarious that she drinks from the fountain, but I believe that any intelligent animal would prefer running water to stagnant, wouldn't they?

Anonymous said...

but with running water, ya got to move to catch it !!