Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Compared to cats!

Tonight, a not-too-different thing happened at the Hooper house tonight. Sandi made a really good roast for dinner, and I thoroughly and immensely enjoyed it. She's a great cook and it's a wonder I don't weigh about 300 lbs. The trouble is I appeared to evidently not enjoy it enough. See, she also spooned out some fish for the cats, who also enjoyed their fish a lot. In fact, they appeared to enjoy their dinner more than me, but that’s not really true. Just because they can lick their rear toes and preen the hair on the back of their legs after they finish eating and I can’t doesn’t mean that I didn’t enjoy my dinner too. Does anyone still have the address for the Yoga class?

By the way, do you know where the electric car capital of the world is? Hint: it’s in sight of Mt. Everest. Gas is $4.55 9/10 per gallon in CC today.
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2008/06/02/rivers.nepal.electric.cars.cnn

11 comments:

other said...

darn and i was going to come over for dinner.
so does the electric car capitol of the world have one of these..

http://www.teslamotors.com/design/gallery-body.php
arnt they beautiful.
Dick

other said...

oh and i miss George

other said...

OK, who wants to invest in an EV taxi service?
I think there is a good potential for profit.
hmmmmmm
Dick

Jim said...

Yeh, I've been watching the Tesla for a long time. That's my second choice behind the Apera. Unless I win the lottery, or give up tattoo addiction I can't afford one.
Jim

other said...

OK Jim. I want to see pics of your ink.
Dick

Jim said...

http://www.aptera.com/

George Jetson, WATCH out!
Jim

Anonymous said...

I saw on the news tonight the one that gets 300 m.p.g, looks like a plane with three wheels. Starts around 20,000.00, pretty cool !! Down in so. Ca.

Jim said...

Aptera?

Sandi Hooper said...

Wait a minute you guys...This thread is about the CATS, not the EV!

Jim eats the dinner that took me hours to prepare and then lays there in his broken down recliner silently watching "Most Dangerous Catch." No words.

I give the cats a scant teaspoon of Special Kitty Tuna Banquet. They daintily finish the tiny snack then spend an HOUR preening themselves in a display of sheer pleasure!

I simply told Jim that if he really appreciated my efforts as much as they do, I'd see him licking his legs. I told him, "I want to see some leg licking, buster!"

He barely grunted his acknowledgment as he switched the channel to "Dirtiest Jobs."

Sandi Hooper said...

By the way, Jim said he'll buy me the Tesla for my birthday this year! Woo HOOOO!

Anonymous said...

sorry Sandi, you're right, Jim should take the yoga class and at least lick his toes and smile at you? or maybe cook for YOU and let You lick your toes , or his?