Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sandi's right.

The drugs in the hospital work better than what you’re sent home with. They have quite a system in the hospital. Everyone from the janitor to the doctor comes in while you’re laying there in one of those backless gowns and introduces themselves, even the anesthesiologist came in. I was just hoping there wasn’t a pop quiz over all of their names before the surgery. Those guys are really tricky. He hooked up a vial of anesthesia in the IV drip and said that he was going to give me just “a little shot” to relax me, “just a shot over the bow.” Actually, he sunk the whole the entire ship! He never even got the words out of his mouth telling me to count from 100 to zero backwards. The next thing I knew a nurse was telling me my ride was here. I was amazed how good I felt! Of course I was under the influence of their pain-altering drugs, but at the time I didn’t fully comprehend it. Sandi and I were comparing incision lengths yesterday, and I must say, mine is just a ‘junior’ incision compared to her scar, so I can’t complain too much. For my procedure they just added some recycled plastic, for hers they actually took parts out.

By the way, Chuck called last night. He sounded much better then the last time. He was very grateful to Ben and Illa for walking him through the retirement application process. He sounded very optimistic about his pending retirement. Good on ‘ya both!

Dick, here's a link to my second choice of EV. I'm saving up for it as I type. They're going to cost around $30,000. I'm only about $29,998.63 short.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2008/06/05/washburn.230.mpg.car.kfmb

Jim

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess part of the fun is knowing you are still able to wait as Sandi cooks dinner and you practice licking your feet ?!!
Glad Chuck is getting things together. Illa walked him through it while I went to fire training. I figured she would get more money for him than the state would ?! All she needs to know is there is a chance to take money from the state and she goes full blast. lol
See Sandi !! Already we changed threads.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Sandi.... you KNOW we men talk different topics at the same time !!

Sandi Hooper said...

Ok, a couple of points of order here:

1. Why are you talking to people about MY incision??? Uh, please!

2. Why do people think that if they say, "by the way" that it's ok to talk about something next that is completely unrelated to the first thing they were talking about??? Case in point: how does your incision's length have anything to do with Chuck???

By the way, I'm getting a box of glazed donuts so that I can help train Jim to be able to lick the backs of his legs..."Focus!" I figure he should be ready to show you the trick by the reunion.

Anonymous said...

Jim started it !!

Peter said...

At least Jim will still be able to wear his bikini (sorry for the mental image). By the way......Ben, and Sandi- since you've taken his side: I understand that Iran/Syria are the problem now, not Iraq. Shouldn't we take the ax to the root, if we are to do it at all?

Bye the way.....Here's a great video about the environment. I wish I could preach like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZvlQwjVOKw

Anonymous said...

I do agree about getting to the root. Part of our quandary seems to be we never show WHY we have a better political agenda ! I do realize the environmental pollution to an extent, all you have to do is drive to the city and you can see it !! If you live on the hills as we do, you can see the haze going down Sac. Valley !!
btw Jim, stretch slowly !! If you work at it maybe you can convince someone you need more fishing time ?!!

Anonymous said...

btw..
dont forget that on monday there will be a live stream of the wwdc in san francisco. at that time Steve Jobs is expected to anounce the official release of the new iphone. also some new changes in the mac os.
peter, now is the time for all good men to COME TO THEIR SENSES!!!!
no sig needed

Peter said...

Matthew 19:17; I guess this counts me out!

Jim said...

Matthew 19:49