Saturday, September 12, 2009

Reflections

For me, the reunion was a good thing, but a sad occasion too. It's hard to come to grips that Ben could only be there in spirit. It was a stark reminder that we are mortals subject to the laws of life. To bring this many people together for a common purpose is difficult at best. I come away believing that we have more in common than what is different about us and this extends to all extended family.

After a real 'high' experience like what it was, I must guard my emotional health and realize that for myself it will be followed by a 'low' experience. Lucky for me this has been a crazy busy week at school. Chardo and I had a great conversation on endorphins and the importance they have to our well-being. It was nice to hear from him about what I believe is so important. I do feel the need to feed my endorphins when I'm feeling low. I find that I feed them by being out in nature and doing something physically difficult.

Sandi and I want to extend an invitation to all to come to CC for a weekend or even a week. We have a warm dry place where you can stay. There really is a lot more to see. And, it gives me another excuse to go out and play.
Jim

2 comments:

lueria said...

thank you for taking everyone on a hike. It was a great weekend. Loved the memories. Loves hanging with you all. I love getting to know my uncle, aunts,and cousins. I never had brothers sister, nor a dad. This is big for me knowing my past and where I came from. thank you for coming and letting me know each one of you.

hugs

ILLA said...

We love you too. Wish you could have come here more often but that is life. We all wish for different things but at times we have to work hard to make them happen. We can wish forever but they won't come true unless we put a little (more like a lot) of effort into making it happen. Nothing is just going to (fall) into our laps.

Take care. Love Illa