Sunday, September 13, 2009

Rough Ocean + Fishing



If you thought the waves were rough last weekend during the family reunion you should see them this weekend. Frothing waters, waves bursting over offshore rocks, huge sheets of water 200 yards long and 2 feet deep washing over the jetty. The beach we had the first campfire at (Battery Point Lighthouse) pummeled with shore break. You can see from how frothy the water is (behind me in the picture) that the ocean has been churning like it's in a giant, industrial mixer.

And speaking of fishing, salmon and steelhead season is going to be getting underway in about 2 more weeks and usually lasts until the end of January. If you e-mail (hooperandrew@gmail.com) me asking about the fishing conditions on perhaps a Wednesday I can let you know whether they're good, bad, or ugly and you might plan a fishing trip down here. It's well worth it when you hook into a 30 lb. salmon or 15 lb. steelhead. No prettier, more peaceful place to spend your time but on the river.

5 comments:

Dick said...

Nice pic. The conditions look perfectly good to me. Perfect for washing some of the sand off the beaches and hunting for those beautiful little coastal jewels that lay along the shore.
Like i told your mom and dad, I think CC is at its finest during the winter season. and its not winter yet.
oh and you didn't say whether you caught any thing or not. But it really dont matter, thats why they call it fishin and not catchin.

Anonymous said...

i just read the Triplicate for the 11th. looks like they are killing em on the Klamath.
Dick

lueria said...

wow great pic. How are you feeling? looks like your doing great........Hope your feeling as good as you look. hugs

Peter said...

Talking about moving the endorphins! All you need is one of those freak waves, and you'll get some adrenalin too.

Lili said...

I love storms on the beach, and the beach also at any time, but right now I need to get the house done, and working wih Uncle dealing with what he wishes to have me help him with...

It's so great seeing all you kids connecting and coming onto the family blog.,.... it is so great to see you kid's getting to know each oher, as we your parents did not have the joy to do this, but the few times we did meet.

I see a part of me in each of my brothers and sisters, also the way we wish to live in our times.

Talked to Chuck, he wished he had stayed longer at the reuion, and said next time he will, yaaaaaaaaa, remember his first time, driving to it, alone.

Also he would like to have me come back down to be with him and work on his diet, but I also need to get the house done, and everything lined up for Jess and the house.

He is looking for me to return sometime in Nov....