Wednesday, January 27, 2010

wow

I have been having a hard time getting Chuck to use the toilet to pee. Last night i went into the other room for awhile and when i came back the smell was strong, This was about 11:00. I told him that we were going to talk to the Dr. about a catheter because of his lack of willingness to try to use the toilet.
This morning he says to me " I want to try to go the day with out a diaper, i thought about what you were talking about with the catheter and i dont want that."
Mind you, we have been going thru this about 5xs a week. Sometimes things are more clear to him. I really think part of it is how he is communicated to.

5 comments:

Claudia said...

Sometimes you need to say it like it is and it sounds like that is what you're doing. You're strong and will be able to get him through this. Good Luck Dick!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Claudia. sometimes its time after time after time after time.
Dick

lueria said...

Your very sweet by doing this. Rich had a prostate infection. Rich had to pee alot. then his back started hurting. If he back starts hurting. call doc. but man I would be begging to keep the diaper on. I'm so sorry for both of you. Sad its hard for his mind to go back and forth. hugs stay strong.

Sandi Hooper said...

Dick, you are sure the right man for the job. No one else could tell him this like you're doing. He'll take it from you and I can tell that you are really able to get through his thick skull. Keep up the great work and never forget that we are all grateful, we are all cheering for you, and we all appreciate you giving Chuck this final chance to have his independence.

with a heart of love and sympathy
JnS

Jim said...

Good job, Dick. I hope that you're progressing on any paperwork so you can be paid for all this. I'm sure that you're making it clear to Chuck that without you there his choices are much more limited, and they're not good.
Thanks, Jim