Sunday, August 5, 2007

Dear Loved Ones, and your to many to name. I miss you all so much. As for Darrel, Suzy was not kidding. not only is he cute!!! I had to tell him I could not jump that high so he had to bend down so I could hug him. I'm sure this reunion was a big step for him to meet all of us crazy people. Rick really connected with Darrel. We went thru Springfield after going to Crater Lake, We looked for Suzy and Darrel at Crater Lake and ran into Judy and her girl, (did a lot more hugging} had to get up to Ore. to visit Ricks mom and Doug and his family and grandma Aggie. So didn't see Suzy and Darrel.
Just had a great barbecue, with Zack and two of his friends, His friend Ben had tottoos, he said no ever ask's what they stand for, I never thought about that. I learned alot. My sister in law has a pergect picture of two of her babies she lost tottooed on her calf, it is so beautiful you want to touch it, which I did. She said others people do and feel the love in it. Very Powerful!!! Dick when you go out there look at it.
Rich, You finally help me conzince Rick to get that ski boat I have been begging for. But I want a 21 ft. I want to be able to sleep in it, and a cover over it.

Peter, I just found out from Amy, which you know I only hear from well, 2 times a year maybe, anyway, her dad has Lukemia, he is 62. trying to finish his 1 1/2 million dollar home on a lake. What is so sad is that he has never had a relationship with the Lord, mostly because of his expience with the JD's.
Lueria, Amy says hi, she was excited to here I got to spend time with you. I need to have contact with you.
I am really upset, Wes and I stayed close, and more than ever, I treasure each and every member of our family. I am looking forward to seeing Jim and Sandi's kids and any of those that did not make it this year. Life is so unpredictable. I realize we all have our separate lives and stuggles, but more than ever I know we need each other thru personal pain, and especially good times, I was so happy to see Jim and Sandi's sons wedding [Randy, right]. Sandi, you looked so beautiful. So my dear brothers and sisters, please let us always be there for each other, and that means our kids and our kids kids. What a treasure and a heritage our family has with our kids. LOL Rick and Bonnie

4 comments:

other said...

Bonnie,
Sandi made an observation that I didn't want to accept; with the age of the kids, we are now who are parents were. We have arrived, we are now the older generation. We are now the folks that you looked up to and thought were so old when we were children. I will not go so far as Peter, to call myself an old person, but we now can look at the younger ones with a certain degree of envy.
It was a great and long overdue experience. Hopefully, it will serve to bring us all closer together.
Love, Jim

Peter said...

Soon our younger relatives will be saying, 'remember old so n so?' As for being old. I guess it depends who's looking at you. Since there are more people under 40 in the world than people over 40, I think that puts Jim in the catagory as 'old'. No one likes becoming obscure, outdated, irrelevant, but there is more to life than appearing relevant: Recently scientists have conclusively found that eating habits, physical prowess and many more things that are formed by our 'life style', are handed down from generation to generation. I've read that temperment, sexual preference, alcoholism all can be attributed to epigenetics. These are the 'soft', not so obvious things we hand down from generation to generation. Then there are the things of the Spirit, even more subtle that we give our kids. All these things have their non-obvious results. In a world of instant reward and gratification, we have an oportunity to give our kids some great things. The evidence which is perhaps only seen after we are dead. But then, it's only what God sees and rewards that really matters. There is an non-obvious relevancy that only acts on faith (Heb.11.1)

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear you OLD people are feeling it!! Us young ones care for you anyway -me - tis I Dick !!

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha.
I didnt post that. i would put even money it was BEN.