Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Glenda's Two Cents Worth for the Week

Hey all - I have really enjoyed reading the last week's comments. It really is kool to see Lueria, Illa and Sandi on there as well. This is going to be a "newsy" post. Lueria asked if anyone knew someone who works at Boeing up there in Gresham. Rich has been trying to find different work and Boeing is one of the places he would really like to be. Lueria said that apparently you have to know someone...probably it helps with references. I know that is how I got work with Hewlett Packard in Santa Rosa. If you don't know anyone, perhaps those of you who have struggled with job hunting (who of us haven't?)can think of some suggestions that might help Lueria and Rich get to the other side of the valley. There have been some difficult times.

I talked with Lili today and Lisi is back in the hospital and finishing up the last of a set of IV's. Lili said she was doing better. She said she and Jess were tired because Jess's father is also in the hospital after falling and breaking a leg. I guess he is 96 years old!!

Hey, if you think of it, send Suzi an e-card...her birthday is this Saturday the 25th. This is hard to believe but after Suzi's birthday on Saturday we don't have any others until Dick's birthday on November 12. Glenna actually missed a couple of months...maybe that "Other" sibling's birthday is somewhere in September or October!

I got a great letter from Chuck (niner, niner, niner, to Dick). He said he must be a glutton for punishment because he is thinking of applying for another state job. I said it must run in the family (being a glutton for punishment, that is)because Ben also mentioned going back to work part time.

I also get to fit under that heading as well, because yesterday it was official...I have been accepted to the Information Technology program at the University of San Francisco. I can hardly wait to buy a sweat shirt!!! I already have the coffee mug! I really am excited because my reading list will now be longer than Jim's. And, oh yeah I will graduate in August of '09 with a Bachelors. Now let's see...that will be 3 years before retirement...well, as a younger bro has stated before and I agree with whole heartedly "Carpe Diem". This "boomer baby" plans to rock on. I'm working till I am 70! But we will see what the Lord has planned.

One more item - has anyone heard how Kara is doing toward opening her own shop? We haven't heard from her and Suzi lately. Love you all...Glenda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally cool about getting accepted UCSF. It must be nice to know what you want to do with your life. even at your young age. Im still trying to figure it out.
as you can tell I dont dont have much of one cuz im here on the blogg probobly more than some.
my guess with Suzi is that she and her "man" are
BUSy with work and the new house. I did email her with the note from Chuck, dont know if she got it or not. wish she would just at leas say HI. But waht ya going to do.
maybe I should go back to school and learn to sepll.

Anonymous said...

great to hear that you got a jog you want !! Should be rewarding and interesting !!

Peter said...

Congrats sis. I really admire people who are willing to go back to school, regardless of age. It aint easy after a hard days work; and life is so busy anyway. The Lord give you strength.

other said...

Good for you! Now we all know where to go to find out some information when we need it.

What a newsy blog entry. This is a great way to get out the family news!

Jim