Thursday, August 2, 2007

Yeh, it's hot in Crescent City.


Don't let anyone fool you. Look how hot it gets in Crescent City, and that's at 1:00 in the afternoon too. Seeing is believing, right? And I thought that Lake of the Woods was hot! Maybe global warming has its epicenter right here in good 'ole CC by the sea. I guess I better go check on those poor Redwood trees, or maybe go to the beach. Heck, the water has probably evaporated right out of the ocean!

This is from my own blog. It's something I wrote last spring and I think its appropriate to add given the 'temp' in our back yard:

I have heard it said that America is a land of opportunity.
In a small microcosm I tend to see the deck in my backyard as a deck of opportunity. Let me explain. Factors: There is a finite amount of time that the sun hits the deck, hours of sunlight, absence of clouds, proximity of the sun as it relates to the seasons, and height of the trees to our south. Given all these constraints there really is a very small window of opportunity to enjoy the portents of summer. I see it almost as my duty to make use of the deck as much as possible, especially given the fact that it’s been such a long winter. Opportunity doesn’t always strike and I’m a firm believer in Carpe Weekend (seize the weekend). The way I see it a person must take advantages of and enjoy the moment, even if it is only lying out in the backyard listening to the sound of the wind blowing through the trees and feeling the warmth of the sun. Simple pleasures are the best. I read somewhere that the farther one gets away from the simple things in life, the farther you are from reality. That’s easy to say as I sit here typing this out on a word-processing keyboard device to be uploaded to my computer and put out for the world to see on the Internet. So, enjoy the moment.
Jim

4 comments:

other said...

Wow, that's hot! I think we have the same table, but smaller. Peter

Anonymous said...

so is Jim up the ladder !!

Anonymous said...

so Jim- how are the "TOMATOS" (ya right) doing?
Dick

other said...

Well, if you look at the lower left of the green house you'll see some red tomatoes almost ready to pick...unless they get fried on the vine!
Jim