Monday, August 6, 2007

We may be related if..........

First, let me preface this with the fact that Sandi is out of town for a conference in San Diego for the entire week.

We may be related, if, when you look in the fridge after a day of getting fascia rock in Medford (for the grill) and a load of wood, you see taco shells, tuna fish salad, Pepper Jack cheese, cilantro, green onions, and walnuts (old) in the fridge and you believe you can make a meal of it (read: hungry).

And, before I forget it, a whole bunch of condiments. I mean things like Hamburger Dill Chips, Sweet Relish, something called Sesame Tahini (Organic Roasted), and Special Kitty Tuna Dinner. So, as you can see the choices are not really great.

Now, I know that those with culinary expertise such as yourselves can make some, or a combination of these ingredients into something really special. Myself, I had to settle for the taco shells, tuna fish salad, cheese, cilantro, and green onions nuked in the microwave. Not bad, if I say so myself.

Now, before you jump to any incorrect assumptions, let me make this thing perfectly clear. Generally, when Sandi leaves for a week she leaves me enough food for two weeks. This time after she gets back we're going to be gone for a week. Hence the reason for minimal food in the house.

Of course, at this point, I don’t know what I’m going to eat tomorrow.
Jim

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats the problem with being married. you forget how to fend for your self. and then the caveman instincts have to take over when you do. the kitty tuna dinner may be a last resort

i had brown rice. topped with bar-b-qued chicken pieces and vegies. ie- green beans, red bell peppers, mushrooms, yellow bell peppers, pearl onions and cherry tomatoes. stir fried.
mmmm - mmmmm good.
now that i cant have ice cream :( i think ill have a fig
or 2 for an evening snack :)

Peter said...

Don't let him bother you Jim, real men don't mind starving!

Anonymous said...

:)::):) :) :) :) :) :)
that is so funny.

in truth though. it just gives you a reason to whine.;)

Anonymous said...

if you want, we have fresh meat here. I shot four raccoons the other night.

Jim said...

Thanks, but I'll break down and go to Safeway. I don't like to go there because every time I go they change things around and I can't find anything that I'm looking for. Why don't they just leave everything where it's supposed to be?
Jim

Sandi Hooper said...

Sheesh, Dick, brown rice and chicken? I'd rather have the special Kitty! And you call that a caveman meal. Go for the coons, boy!

Sandi Hooper said...

OH, and the real problem with being married isn't that you forget how to fend for yourself. The REAL problem is that when you do fend for yourself, you develop a nervous tick because you KNOW that if you move something 3 inches to the right you're going to get chewed out from 1000 miles away and so you don't move it!