Sunday, June 14, 2009

SCHOOL'S OUT!!!!!!!!

Did you hear me yell? If there was a loud yell that emanated from the coast that would have been me. School is out and summer can begin.

Dick and I had a 'brotherly bonding experience.' He was good enough to give me a haircut so I didn't have to go to the barber. I said I wanted an Afro, but he got a little carried away. I guess I should have taken a hint when he started saying things like, "oops, sorry, OH &#*@, you did want it short, didn't you, and OH NO!" I think he may have a future as a barber but he needs to delete a few phrases from his vocabulary.

Jack’s son, David, arrived for a visit on Thursday night. He rode his bike from Weed, CA, a distance of about 190 miles. It took him about 2-1/2 days. That got me thinking that I NEED a bike. I haven’t had a bike in about 30 years. Glenda arrived late Friday night and we’ve had a great time visiting and showing them the sites.
Saturday, Dick, Glenda, and I just drove around and went on a couple of short walks. You know ocean vistas, flowers, beaches, sand, surf, and sea lions, blah, blah, blah. Saturday night we were going to go to the beach and have a beach fire but it was kind of drippy so we just made a fire in a deck fireplace on the back deck.
Today, Sunday, we went kayaking around Whaler Island in the harbor, checking on island-bound geocaches, and looking out for more harbor seals and sea lions.

Come visit us, it’s a good excuse for me to go play and avoid doing work that I should probably be doing.


Jim

7 comments:

lueria said...

love it. too good. xooxo

lueria said...

love it. too good. xooxo

Ben Garcia said...

ur right, it is a lil short, specailly on the front part ;)

Peter said...

Sounds like fun (except the haircut).

other said...

You trying to help things along by pushing the bus out of the lot? I don't think that will make things happen any faster.

Illa

Bonnie said...

Jimbo, how old is that bus? I guess I'm going to try to pass the test and drive bus again. I am a great bus driver but I flunked the written test a couple years ago and haven't had the nerve to go back and try again. I HATE WRITTEN TEST!!!! I don't care how easy they are, my mind goes blank, but put me behind the wheel and I'm a PRO.

Jim said...

I don't know how old the bus is, but it sure was heavy.
Jim