Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bonnie

My dear brothers and sisters,
Losing one of us is like losing a link in a chain. Ben made that chain complete, now there is such a feeling of lose.
We have been so blessed to have reconnected after years of being separate and being forced to grow up so scattered.
There have been words said that have hurt feeling and separated a few of us again. I know I was responsible for hurting you Suzy. We should know by now that what is said is said in love not in any spirit of putting someone down. I have my own faults that I have to work on daily.
We have a chance to continue to grow closer but we have to make the effort and making a effort literally mean, it does not come easy, it is work.
I know also that Ben loved each and every one of us and he would want us to make that chain even stronger. He was a strong person and a stubborn person fighting for life. We need to take some of those qualities and use them to fight for our relationships. We do matter to each other. We have so much that we can learn from each other and so much that we can do to hold each other up when we are going through tough times, and these are tough time we are living in both with Ben dying and the conditions of this world right now. I believe we are in the last days and we are going to have to draw strength more than ever from God. But we also have to let go of any pride and bitterness and learn what REAL LOVE means. I don't know about some of you but getting to know my brothers and sisters more has really opened my eyes to who I am and why I do some of the things I do.
I can be very prideful and take things wrong so easy and then I run and hide and try to tell myself I am better off without that person, I have other people and (things) to keep my busy. But everyone is important in our lives and losing just one of us makes that so clear to me. I LOVE YOU ALL

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Bonnie, how wonderful and well said. We need to be greatful for the kid's, that they have not needed to live the seperation that some of us have had to live. Also from this in our lives, we have learned from each a life that we have lived and learned from this. Each of us have had times that were hard, and come a long way always forward, becoming better people for this. Also to reach out to those in need, .... We have all had to do what we are with support of friends. Some have had parent's others raising themselves, but knowing we did have brothers and sisters, and a mother that made sure we were looked after, releasing those to others, because of her own health issues. I love you all

Peter said...

Well said Bonnie. Miss you mucho.

Jim said...

Bonnie,
I think that you touch on many feelings that we're all going through. When I lose someone I care about it forces me to reassess what is of value to me. The older I get the more I recognize the importance of all our brothers and sisters. The missing link in a chain is a good analogy to our relationship.

I find that I have much to be grateful for, but it also reminds me to say things to people that will be uplifting to them and to recognize the good things I see in them...while they're living and just not at a memorial service for them. I beleive we are souls in a group traveling, growing, and learning from each other.

Jim

Jim said...

Typo: "I believe we are souls in a group traveling, growing, and learning from each other."

Jim

Sandi Hooper said...

I hope that each and everyone of you can overcome whatever separates you and that you will never have reason to live with a regret you cannot heal. One of my sisters had words with the sister of mine who was killed a couple of years ago. Her agony over the situation gets worse with time. It's a terrible thing. Truly, I believe that the only real hell is the one we make for ourselves with the regrets we carry.

God bless and keep each and everyone of you and your families.

Anonymous said...

I believe that you all are so right. We do create our own hell here on earth. I feel that I should have been able to do oh so much more.

I would like this service to be a memorial to Ben's life. Commerating his love of life and family instead of dwelling on his passing and the loss that we all feel. He loves each and everyone of you so much. More than he was ever able to tell any of you. I miss him so much even tho he was a pain in the butt at times. He did mean well.

I love you all. Illa

Anonymous said...

I do so agree, with you all, I remember more the fun we had, as we so saw so little of each of you. Yes, there were times of stress and belief issues that kept us apart, but also that is life. It was choice of each, in seperation, that also needs to be respected with love. Also given their space with love, knowing arms and heart are always there. I know that people thought and said things in my own life, not knowing or asking why I was a student, in so many area's, but it was to know the the area I was working in, my work for God, to understand and step into the work, I was asked to under take. I did not work in one field as so many did. Please know that at my door, it's always open, you don't call our house swinging doors for nothing. Also, understand Lueria, goes in this pathway in her own life, as so many do in our family. This family is so special and I know how busy life is. I love each of you, and what a joy it is to have family like Jess and I, have with my family..... Love to all

Dick said...

illa,
your so funny. i love the comment about Ben being a pain in the butt. i can only imagine. it seems to run in the family.
im so glad that you posted. And cant agree with you more about Bens life.
it really touched me when ever i would talk to ben and he would end our conversation with,
"i love ya bro" i have a feeling he wasnt to comfortable to say that unless he meant it.
and thank you so much for ALL you have done.