Thursday, December 25, 2008

Go ahead, let out that inner child!



Just like the Phoenix, the snowman will rise again!





Actually, I don't think that it really snowed up in Portland. Yes, I do watch Northwest News channel 69. I think that it's just a conspiracy of the news media to make us stay away from the shopping malls. It worked for me. If indeed it had snowed there would have more evidence. Real evidence like snow men and snow women and snow children. All is not lost though, here's evidence that it snowed in Crescent City, or at least within 20 minutes of here. Sandi, Ohmah, and I went up to the snow today. I have to get into shape for "grandpa mode." I have to practice long-forgotten skills like snow man making, making hot chocolate on the tailgate of the pickup, and important stuff like practice pulling socks up without getting your feet wet, oh yeh, and chasing the dog.

I didn't really want to leave but Sandi convinced me that it was time to go by telling me what she was going to cook for our dinner when we got home. She always says that, "I'm always the last monkey out of the tree," but that's not really true. I beat Ohmah into the pickup.

So, all of you that have snow in your front yards (or rear yards), prove it. Unleash your inner child and show that you're not old by building a snow person. You better hurry though before the rain comes and turns the snow into a flood. By the way, I didn't see anyone rolling around in the snow "neked." It must be a rural legend.
Jim
Posted by Picasa


4 comments:

Peter said...

You call THAT snow, but nice snowman! Looks like you had a good day- if you like snow.

Anonymous said...

The poor little thing. You want more snow? I know several places where you can get as much as you want.

Jim said...

Isn't it nice.......from a distance?
Jim

Peter said...

I like the new pic. Funny you should liken it to a Phoenix - would'nt it just keep melting itself?