Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My NEW Ride



I took the little car down for it's service and came home with this. I decided that I needed a more practical rig now as the suburban needs a new rearend. Its a 1/2 ton/ 4 door/ 4 wheel drive with lots of room to haul grandkids still. It is 3 years old. I gave the Sante Fe to BJ so he has a good vehicle again and he can take his time repairing his 90 pick up. Teresa has her good Jeep and then yesterday I gave the old Jeep to Adam so that he has a dependable rig to haul the grandkids around in His dad was unable to get him a car so I decided "Why not?" It is also less that I have around here and at least then it will be used. It has been the "spare" rig for a long time now. I plan to sell the suburban and then fix up Ben's Pickup for the heavy hauler as it is still a good vehicle. I have sold Ben's bike to the husband of one of the gals I work with. They are supposed to pick it up this week sometime. I really think they will enjoy it and John is big enough to handle it.

we have had rain and snow off and on the last week so I am glad that I got a new rig. We have to go to Redding today to get the fabric coating on the pickup and to pick up fenders for BJ's 70 ford tow truck. He is slowly getting it fixed up. It will still need a hood and front grill. Everything supposedly works, just needs a tune up and the carbeurator adjusted.

Lili, I talked to the girl at work and I have Friday the 8th off, so Teresa and I plan to be up sometime Monday night or Tuesday morning. We are going to take off after the Dish Network repair guy is done Monday the 4th. Will probably get a room up that way somewhere as I don't know just what time approx. we would get there.

Well, best get going as I need more coffee. Hope all is well. Love to all. See you soon.

Love Illa and Teresa

10 comments:

Dick said...

nice rig illa. only problem is it has that funny emblem on the front that says. chevy ;) like i tell my frend, i guess you got to drive something. j/k.
i hope if you have time, you can give me a buzz while your here and we can go have coffee. If not oh well.

Sandi Hooper said...

Wow, nice--and the right color too! Doing the happy dance for you, Illa!

Jim said...

Nice ride! That'll be comfortable and functional. Good rig for road trips.
Jim

Illa said...

I intend to see you when we are up there. I also need your muscles to help load stuff. Isn't it nice how I volunteer you for things???? I have no idea how much Lili is wanting us to take back but you know how much a sucker I am with wanting to help out. We will be taking 4 days as I have to be back for work on Sat. I hope to get to see Jess, Lisi, Lueria also. Maybe even get to see Susy. I don't remember how to get to her house. Maybe just have to meet for coffee or something. I figure that as I will be up that way, Why Not? I at least remember how to get to Peter's so maybe we can even squeeze that side trip in on the way back.

Love you guys and see ya soon!!

Illa and Teresa

lueria.com said...

miss you lots. Would love to see you too. Hugs. If you need a place to stay my home is open. But its about 1hr away uncle's house. ;( drive safe. nice truck.

lueria.com said...

miss you lots. Would love to see you too. Hugs. If you need a place to stay my home is open. But its about 1hr away uncle's house. ;( drive safe. nice truck.

Peter said...

Illa/Teresa, we'd love to see you too. Doggoneit, too much to do, too little time! If you can squeeze us in, or if this place fits as a hotel spot, just give us a call. We'll be gone on Sunday, Saturday, Monday just working on my trailer-getting it ready for our trip to Colorado at the end of May. Nice rig, hope it serves you well.

Oh Jim, next time Sandi does the happy dance, could you do a video and post it, thanks. I'm trying to remember where it originated.....?

Bonnie said...

OK, no fair Illa and Teresa, if you are going to see everyone else and not me, after all we are only just over the hill a few miles more. You have a nice rig now to make a trip out here and remember we are only 20 minutes away from the Bristol race track.

We went to Chasity's service last night. It was open casket. There must have been 200 people there. It really made me reflect on my lack of relationships in my life. I need to make some major changes in my heart to be more loving and compassionate to others. I am to quick to judge and not see others as Christ sees them with his unconditional love. Today we go the burial and then to her moms house.
Love you all and thanks for loving me inspite of all my flaws.

Sandi Hooper said...

Origin of the "happy dance"

http://www.nhlcyberfamily.org/special/happydance.htm

Illa said...

Bonnie, I would love to go just over the hill and round the bend. Cool, so close to the track. Will have to see when they are going to Bristol again. I would love to go to one.

I do need to get over that way one of these days and yes this would be a great travel rig. We took Ben's green truck with a camper, three kids, and us all the way to DC and down to Disney World in 96. Talk about a long trip but it was fun for the most part. We love road trips. Some day we may just come a knockin.

It is hard to lose someone and you really don't realize how it affects you. The bad stuff seems to fall away and you remember the good. You are watchful not to fall into traps and get hurt more tho. I can't explain it, don't really understand it.

Love to all. Illa