Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Busy week!!

There are some days and weeks where I feel like a 33rpm record living in a 78rpm world. Today, this week, has been one of those days/weeks. I feel like a I'm barely staying ahead of a monstrous snowball bearing down on me. I'm kinda like a floating duck; calm on the topside, but paddling like a crazed drake on the inside. But, I'm staying ahead of it!! To make myself feel better, and, like everyone else in the family, I'm going to take a 'sick day' and get our tax info together. I hate to waste my sick days being sick!

Lili left a message on the answering machine. I tried to call and email her back, but not sure if I have her correct phone number and email. Anyone have the latest info on her?
Jim

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey !! I know what you mean !! I am swamped with work Illa has for me to do !! I think I want a sick day and want to go back and work for the state where I can be a slug and have everyone pay me to be mean !!

Anonymous said...

Jim, I sent you the twins addresses and phone numbers, I hope you got them ?!

Unknown said...

Hey JnS; I'm all for teachers getting a break. Too bad you have to award yourselves them. Personally, I think teachers are some of the least understood group there is. Some years back Sandi wrote in a letter (yes Sandi, I listen) that a huge percentage of her class was from one parent homes. So not only do you have to get a bunch of irrelevant facts through these kids thick skulls, but you have to be a pseudo parent, social worker, psychologist, friend, warden! On top of all that, you have to try to teach these kids how to think, when all they want to do is have "fun".

I have a friend who is a gifted teacher; absolutely dedicated to his task. He did all he could do to get these kids to learn. He'd get up at 4am everyday and stay up as late as he could just to be complete in what he thought was his obligations as a teacher. Then the Administration wants him to coach or chaperon dances or whatever; it literally almost killed him. Finally he retired and his health has improved tremendously. I say your wages should double, and the school year should be shortened to 6mos.

I know you'll disagree about the shorter school year, but that's because you've been brain washed by 'the man'.

Unknown said...

Oh, and Jim, watch your blog confessions, this site is watched by "the man"