Saturday, February 2, 2008

Carpe diem, baby, carpe diem!!!!!!!



Sandi and I entered the the 3 mile "Clam Beach Walk and Run" in Trinidad today, complete with live music. She saw 'Run,' I saw 'Walk,' and, but, never-the-less, I said OK to entering. The short story, we did do it. The one-man bagpipe ensemble was in fine form, not warming the environs, but yet enjoyable. I don't know if this is standard fare for running events (since this is the first one we've entered), but it did tend to take ones mind off the weather. Maybe, it's some kind of Scottish thing. My perception of Scotland remains that it is cold, windy, and escaping to the pub for a draft and bagpipe "music." My only complaint is that I wish that they would have ordered up a little bit better weather.

As you can see from the pictures, it was cold, windy, and wet. But, also as you can see, we weren't the only fools out there. I never have claimed to be too bright. I was just a little bit more of a fool than most people, as I wore my running shorts, of which I used only 1/3 of the way. Not that didn't wear the shorts for 2/3 of the way, it's just that I only ran 1/3 of the way.

It's just one of the small-town Americana traditions that I think should be supported, complete with excellent chili served up after the run, cooked by the town mayor, of which we partook and enjoyed.

To all familial readers out there, especially Dick, (since you're most likely reading, but not posting): go ahead, MAKE MY DAY, share your comments, and / or better yet, post the eventful and / or uneventful events of your day. Let us all know what "revs your jets, "fires your rockets." or, "incites your interest." But, more important, let us know your health status. We are, indeed, family, sharing many of the the same genes and chromosomes. Come on, I've left enough of the "tease factor." Tease me, please me, give me some digs! Must I really tell the really embarrassing stories?"

Jim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

o.k., is this a test ? what pictures about the walk/run?

Anonymous said...

SURE !! SOON as I post the first question, the pictures showed up !!