Monday, May 5, 2008

medical update

 Seems the doc is trying to figure out what is up with me ?!! I have gained weight, now at 185 lbs which he didn't except. Since I am not in pain and my weight is good, he took me off all meds for a while to see how I do. I still take the pain pills for when I over do work outside, but that is not a cancer pain as much as conditioning and the scar from the surgery. I still have the cancer but the doc says I am too mean and don't let it win ! lol It is nice to be off the cancer pills for a change. Maybe clean the chemicals out and get the feelings back in my feet instead of it always feeling like tingling all the time !! Illa and I are putting up fences around the yard getting ready for Teresa and the grandkids to visit for a month or so. bg

6 comments:

Dick said...

good news Ben. I think that Illa should find more work for you to do around the house, if that is what is making you feel better. And the Dr is right about at least one thing. "You are mean"

Jim said...

And if you get all caught up there, I still have all of my wood to split and stack. Think about it, cool ocean breezes, that salty smell in the air, and a stiff breeze giving you a good excuse for 'a bad hair day.' What more could you ask for? I'll get the splitter reserved.
Jim

Anonymous said...

WOW! Ben! I wished I weighed 185 lbs...I'd have a waist! This is really good news.

other said...

Glad your doing good. And thank you for the updates. that means a lot to me. Just remember not to work too much, but have fun when your feeling good too. hugs

Peter said...

Ben! Your almost as fat as I am. I tell people it's sign of God's prosperity. ".......the fat is the Lords" Leviticus 3.16

Giving thanks for answered prayer. PnK

Sandi Hooper said...

So glad to hear that you're doing well and that we have medical professional confirmation that you're as mean as we all always knew!

hugs and high fives.