Thursday, February 19, 2009

Portraits: Merlin, Athena, Gonzo

Gonzo is next on my art list, but here's one that I've been meaning to do for a long time.

click this link to see Merlin and Athena

click this link to see Gonzo

Thought I'd do it similar to the one of BJ and I that mom had from Disney World. So, here you are mom, your grand kids. I've got to get a frame for the original. Maybe later I can order one of the mugs for you.

Also, I found the last picture of Gonzo easier to draw (more lines, less subtle shading), so that's what I did. I changed the blanket color to spotlight him more. I've got matte, and glossy prints available with his picture, and mugs too, just in case anyone wants to order one them.

~Teresa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Beloved Neice;

I enjoyed your drawings. I was just telling one of my residents about my talented neice and her great kids. How is one of my favorite little great neices, Athena & her little bro doing ?

Sandi Hooper said...

How cute! Thank you so much for drawing on of Gonzalito too! I feel honored! YOU are super talented LADY

Teresa Garcia said...

My kids are doing great. Athena's happy to have received an mp3 player for her birthday (the iPod she got for Christmas broke, despite her being super careful, we aren't too pleased with Apple deciding not to fix or replace that). She's having fun with Girl Scouts, we're picking up the cookies that all her clients ordered and will be delivering them soon. She's also getting tutored a couple days a week after school and is enjoying that one on one time with her teacher.

Merlin is a ball of energy, playing with his transformers and talking more all the time. He still gets overstimulated if there's too many people for him in a room, but working on it.

Baking bread and cookies is something that he really enjoys helping with.

I'm glad that the drawings were enjoyed. *smiles*

Anonymous said...

These are very nice. Yes, it will have to go up on the wall.

Illa

Jim said...

Teresa,
I'm glad that you're making the time to do some artwork. It so always so satisfying for me to do it. It looks like you really enjoy it too. Keep letting us see your drawings.
Jim