Saturday, February 28, 2009

Some ying-yang stole my wood!

That’s right, the wood that Dick and I found on Wednesday was gone when Sandi, Dick, Andrew, and I went back up there today. Can you imagine the gall of whoever did it? When we left on Wednesday there were at least three pickup loads of wood in the form of a log 40’ long and about 30” in diameter. Today the only thing that was left was about 5 gallons of sawdust. Of course, it was probably taken by the same guys that fell the tree. We did end up with two pickup loads of wood, but we had to work harder than what I had anticipated. I’m all for exercise, but this was more work than I had planned for.

Be it known though, I did come home clean without an aroma of sweat reeking from my pores, unlike some of us. On the way home I found a nice clean creek to cleanse myself. It was refreshing, cool even, even to the point of being cold, but I was clean. I took a dip in Patricks Creek. I did have a sense of modesty though, I kept my skivvies on. It was a good day. I did point out a number of potential places for Dick to get in the water, but none really fit his sense of being just right.
Jim

2 comments:

Peter said...

Jim, you are his big brother, you could have used your rights, that come with that position, and thrown him in. Peter

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good time. Too bad that you had to work for the wood. BJ was telling me the other day that someone has been stealing their wood in the trailer park right out of their carport. They are pretty upset. They have enough to last the winter and a little to spare. They would have given some to who ever needed it had they been asked. I thought that there were nice people there.

One of the little old ladies there have a little dogie that she has put a bark collar on. Which I think is kind of cruel. Even tho there are times that I want to put one on my dog. I wonder what that does to the voice box of the little guy.

Glad that you are still there Dick. I am with you, I am not to energetic about jumping in a cold creek. I am not a polar bear. Hope everyone is having a good time. Wish I were there.