Tuesday, February 3, 2009

thinking....


I was looking at this and noticed the lack of "In God We Trust". As i was pondering this, do you think that this phrase was added to our currency because congress in 1864 wanted us to remember that our trust should be in God and not money, and that money is not to replace God? How strange times change in a short 140+ yrs.
As i think about the economic situation, I was thinking that most of our problems with todays economy is the lack of trusting in God to be our provider. I know that for myself that its very easy to do this, and let myself get all freked out about it. Something that Peter reminded me of was "This world is not our home".

If you were to count out $1,000,000,000,000. it would take 39,000 years.
Just a thought
Dick

6 comments:

Peter said...

I like the one. 'A trillion buys 1000 boxes of cookies for every American citizen'. I wondered, how many donuts that could buy: I did some division and I think I could eat a donut a day for over ten years. Karen wont eat hers most of the time, so conservatively I could probably make them last for at least fifteen years!

Hey Jim, remind us about the reunion accommodations, where is it going to be?

Bonnie said...

What I want to know is, Dick where did you get that kind of money and are you going to share it???

Anonymous said...

Peter if you ate 2 donuts a day at .50 each, according to my math, it would take your 273,9726,027 years to spend that trill.
It would take a military jet flying at the speed of sound, reeling out a roll of dollar bills behind it, 14 years before it reeled out one trillion dollar bills.

Bonnie, im not on Obamas short list, so theres no chance. and yes I would share.
Dick

Sandi Hooper said...

Guess that means that he's eaten only a quarter of trillion bucks worth of donuts...or do the day olds cost significantly less than day of donuts???

Jim said...

Dick, it's time to cash that bill in. Many things are beyond my comprehension to understand, and now this is another one of them.

Donuts!!!! This is good, this is something I can understand. Now you're getting my attention and it's getting serious!!!

Jim

Anonymous said...

i goofed. it would take 134,246,573 years to spend that 1 trillion dollars on donuts. my bad