Friday, August 14, 2009

Roof is DONE

Adam has been here today and helping me with the roof. It is on and all screwed down. Have to put silicon in a hole that wouldn't take a screw. I think there was a screw under it holding down the sheeting. It was strange only one on the whole roof. Thought for sure that there would be more. Adam actually come over yesterday as he if off for 2 days and we got the B B Q on the deck. We opened it and there was a wasp nest. Closed it again and got the spray. I zapped them only to get hit with a bullet. One flew out and hit me in the hand and I think that it also had some of the spray on it's stinger. My right hand swelled up so bad I had trouble getting my rings off and started up the arm. It is better today after using it but man o man. Good thing I had lots of Benadryl type stuff to take. It was the worst sting that I can remember since I was a child. I was almost at the point about 2 am last night of going to the hospital. They couldn't have done much more for me than what I was already doing. I just increased my Benadryl dosage. I go to work tomorrow and thank heavens that I don't have to do much as I am training my replacement. He can do most of the physical stuff.

Now!!! On with the walls and flooring and finish the wiring for a couple more outlets. Then a few shelves to start the organization and move to the front. Yeah!!

Talk to you all later.

Illa

4 comments:

Lili said...

that is so great Illa, I know that you are having fun, though sore. Wish I was there to help you, maybe down the road..... Love Lili

Jim said...

OUCH!!!

Peter said...

One of my worst stings was in MY hand. I feel your pain! Good of Adam to help. He's got a good heart. Say hi for me, we're looking forward to seeing the whole family at the reunion.

Teresa Garcia said...

Argh, I knew I should have followed my gut and had him spend the night there. Glad he got to spend the night with the kids, he wasn't expecting that and they were happy to get to do that. I would have just had all spend the night at your place but for that appointment I had today with Athena's horse therapy administrator.

Really glad your swelling went down.