Thursday, August 27, 2009

Getting ready to head and get Chuck

I am up this am getting ready to go get Chuck. I called last night to remind him that I was coming. All I got was some mailbox thing. I am going down anyway. So will be leaving in a couple of hours. Not awake yet. So hopefully will be bringing him back here for a few days before the reunion.

well, there is a rearend under the suburban. Don't know yet if it works. I need to have the brakes bled still so will get that done later. Have to be soon tho if I need to use it for the people mover. I wasn't too pleased with one of the workers. His brother on the other hand was a worker and did the majority of the work. They broke one of my tools, they did not come totally prepared to work on it. So it's off to Napa on the way down to get it replaced. Supposed to have a lifetime warranty on it as I paid an arm and leg for the set.

Anyway. Talk to you all later. Love you guys.

Illa

4 comments:

Peter said...

See you at the reunion.

Sandi Hooper said...

YAY!!!! Gettin' excited now.

Jim said...

I think maybe I'd drive around the block a couple of times and make sure everything is OK before I'd take a biog trip.
BTW, Chuck called last night and said that he was going to be coming over with you. FYI: He did want to stop at the Redding Library at some point.
Jim

Illa said...

Well, I made it back minus Chuck. He wasn't quite ready and low on medication. Couldn't get more until after the 1st. Sooo..he said that he would drive up to Jim's after he got the meds on or about the 2nd. I told him that if he wasn't there by Thurs., then Dick and I were coming down for him! End of story. He was adamant that he would be there but was afraid of running out of meds and he was already putting some off so that they would last until the 1st.

He looked good. Was coherent and we went out to eat and he took me around the area. He did his blood work this am and was really low but doing ok. I watched him take his meds but not trying to push you know. We had a good visit and he has a good attitude about things. I was trying to pick up things between the lines if you know what I mean. I won't post what I got but you all can ask later. I really hope he does drive up and he is worried about money. He says that he will take it easy, stop in Redding at the library and plans to go up 299 and over. We will be going over 199.

So Dick prepare to be a grabber and doing intervention.

i got back here to find Big Valley Mt. on fire. luck I live way out in the middle. i am waiting for a call to do a shift on the Water Tender. It needs to be covered for 12 hours after 6pm. It also has to have 2 people so just waiting for a call. I have to be off and do a shift at the store at 1:30 pm tomorrow and they are aware of that.

So, I guess I had better go potty so that i will be ready. Got all my gear ready, much more than needed but you can never tell what you are going against. They just reported bears around some of the engines.

I am so looking forward to the coast. It is cloudy here but no rain. Hot and humid. Well, better git. Almost 6. Talk to you all later.

Love Illa