Thursday, August 13, 2009

Talked to Chuck today.

I called and talked to Chuck and Lili today. They both are doing well. I will be going down the 27th to pick up Chuck and bring him here for a few days before going to the reunion. We will be coming back on the 28th and he wants to stop by the Library in Redding so we will do that. I will have to work pms the 29th and 30th in addition to the 31st and 1st so that I can have the 7th and 8th off also. My schedule changes the 22nd and I give up 2 days a week so that I can get more done at the house and just be a floater while everyone else takes their vacations. I will miss the extra funds but I can do easier without it than others that are working. So Chuck will be at the reunion. I suppose that with Lili going back to Portland that she will try to bring Jess and Lisi down if they are able to come. I forgot to ask her if that was what she planned. I know that she did say that she would see me at the reunion.

I got the tar paper up on the roof of the room. Tomorrow I was going to start on the tin for the roof but I have a lock job to finish and then Adam is having 2 days off from the fire support and he is coming to my house as he is here in Mc Arthur at the fair grounds but with no transportation to leave the area for his time off. I will pick him up tomorrow and then take him back Sat. evening as I won't be able to get him there by 11 am on Sunday. That will be good as he can help me get the metal on the roof. Hopefully we can get most of it done tomorrow afternoon. I have 9 (2 foot sheets) to put up and cut. the room is almost done, just a few things left to do before putting up the outside siding. I am anxious to get to the front porch area. Time is running out. Thank heavens I only have to put in 13 posts that I want to cement in. I am going to definitely ask for help to do that. It killed my back moving the bags of cement for that. I figured with all the heavy lifting that I have been doing it would not be that bad. Boy was I wrong.

I picked up a fuel tank for BJ's halftrack/duck tonight. The price was right "free" but I did have to help take it out which turned out to be a job but I got it and all the parts so hopefully it will fit in without too much revamping. Now if only I can find a rear end for the suburban. I have tooooo many projects.

Well,it is time to go to bed. Many things to do tomorrow and I may as well be awake to do them. Talk to you all later.

Love, Illa

3 comments:

Peter said...

Illa, you are a busy lady. I suppose that's better than not having enough to do. Got any roses up there in the desert? Be sure to smell them. Good news about Chuck coming to the reunion.

I've got a building project to do as well, but about 1/20th yours. A well house. Still have to get it insulated for winter. Times ticking away! I'll post a photo when it's done.

ILLA said...

Kool! I love working with my hands and have to get them into the dirt. That is why I give up on having nice looking nails. It never fails, as soon as I get them painted I have to do something. I just am not a fancy house girl. Can't do it. I have to be doing something all the time. It drives me crazy when I have to sit around for more than a couple of days.

Take care. Love to you all.

Illa

lueria said...

wow, great to hear from you. hugs and love you lots.