Friday, February 26, 2010

Dr visit

Well we had the neurologist appointment today.
When we got to the hospital it was raining. This is like the 4th time that it has since Ive been here. It is so refreshing and almost feels like home. Anybody know where that is? I let chuck out at the main door. The hospital has these little ON-demand golf carts that will zoom you to your destination if you cant crawl there. So chuck go taken to the building that he was supposed to have his appointment at and I went and parked and walked to the building. I told him to wait for me and dont go anywhere. I got there and no Chuck. The cart was there but not Chuck. I looked all over and couldn't find him. I decided to go and check the back entrance to the hospital and there chuck was wondering around.
We had to take the elevator to the 2nd floor. I would have walked but that would have taken another 1/2 hour Except with Chuck.
Jim, I know what you mean by listening to people in the waiting room. Except it was more like.
"well i had a knee replacement last year, and now im making another for 2 months from now"
" i had my hip replaced 2 yrs. ago. and a rotator cup last month"
"ya my knee is bothering me and the dr. wants to replace it"
We went to the Dr and she asked chuck several questions and he did pretty good in answering.
She watched him walk and listened to him talk. Some questions he gave his view and i had to correct him in areas.
She started him on a new med :( It is supposed to help with some seizures that he has.
Although she made a statement about how not maintaing his BS and not taking his meds might of brought on some of the newest issues. But was encouraged that we had gotten his BS on track without the BS meds.
She confirmed my suspicion. But what do I know, im not a Dr. and dont claim to be all knowledgeable.
They are going to do an MRI, EEG, and some other alphabet letters that I missed.
Anyway we were there talking to the Dr. and I had to take off to get to the Pharmacy to get his new meds before it closed. The Dr. finished up with him and took him down stairs to wait for me. I got there and went up to pick him up. And guess what. He wasn't there. At this time the offices were supposed to be closed. So the security guard asked me "what you want son?" This office is in the same building as the mental health facility.
This guy looks just like the guy from "family matters" 300+lbs black and really a nice guy. But also a little imposing. He called on his radio and a couple minutes later here comes chuck with a VA cop. I think ill get one of those leashes that you see mothers have on their kids so they dont run off.
So now hes in his favorite position, sawing logs.

2 comments:

Jim said...

So, that's good that the VA will be doing more tests. It's so good that he's in system where he will be able to go for care.
Sounds like it was an adventure dropping him off and picking him up.
Thanks,
Jim

lueria said...

wow uncle Dick, your way of wording things is funny. I can see and feel your running. I did get a leash for Justin after losing him a few times. lol. hugs