Friday, February 19, 2010

new events

Well the good news is we finally are getting Chuck some expert help. This is probably overdue months ago.
A nurse came to the house today and talked to us about home care. One of the things shes doing is to come and check him out every Friday. BP, BS, BM, Med Management. The nice thing is there will be someone that i am accountable to. What a relief.
Then we are also be having a dietician come to the house to go over meal planning, and diabetes education. Although ive gone thru the classes before, I would not even assume that i know everything there is to know. Especially with other peoples lives at steak. I dont think you ever do.
Then, he will be getting PT. A therapist will be coming to the house and doing it here. I think this will be one of the best things for him.

I had a dr. visit at the VA today, same as Chucks Dr. I was very happy with my the physical. liver was not inflamed :) all the internal organs sounded good. she looked in my ear with the light and didnt see out the other side. might set me up for an eye exam.
we are going to do blood to check on the things for the HCV and the diabetes, and go from there.

I am really excited with whats going on with Chuck, "I" really think that with all the people that are going to be here to work with him, we could see a big changes. if he co-operates.

It goes to show you that Gods word is true. and i shared it with Chuck.
What the devil meant for harm. God turned it around for Good.

6 comments:

Peter said...

amen brother!

Sandi Hooper said...

Thank you for the good news. I've been holding my breath, wondering what the next "bend in the road" would be for you both. Keep up the good work. Best wishes.

Jim said...

Good job, keep it up.
Jim

Lili said...

Dear Dick,

I know what a joy you will find with what you will be working with, in the homecare that is coming your way.

It is so great, and yes, before he could do this, they needed the information, as when I had been down there he had not seen his doctor in years, not good.

He should have seen the doctor years ago and done what he needed to stay healthy. But, I was aware of the steps that needed to be done,...... so good having you there.

I know that you will enjoy being down there and with the joy of a team that will work in his behalf. I know that you will be great working with them, and also they will be greatful of the type of person you are, for his behalf.

I am just greatful, you are my half-brother, and don't have what we all have to deal with on our dad's side. Though you do have your own problems in health, and you can learn what you have for yourself,.... and how to get it for yourself in the future.

I will share the problems of myself, in this for the behalf of Chuck as I have with the team working with Lisi, if you need this. Being that it will help you, in the matter's, concerning and knowing he can become healthy like Lisi, if he chooses. As I know it's up to the person, in how healthy they wish to be, it's worked for me, and I do know it can work for Chuck..... Keep up the good work, OK.

I am so proud of you, and know you came into this cold, make sure you turn to Suzy also if need be, as we both support you so much!!!!!

Illa said...

Good job. That means that I will probably see her on Friday?

lueria said...

good job uncle Dick. glad you have some help. :)