Tuesday, February 9, 2010

LA mudslides

If you read my blog about our trip to LA 2 weeks ago you'll remember that the GPS-in-the-car-lady was not as knowledgeable, nice, and sweet as I first thought her to be. Remember, she's the one that led us off on that small windy two-lane pot-holed road with no traffic called ‘Flint Ridge Road’ and who I learned some new four-letter words from. Unfortunately, they were all directed at me. Well, I was just listening to the news on CNN and it seems that in LA there have been some mudslides on, yes, Flint Ridge Road.
Next time I think I'll just use the map on my phone, at least it doesn't yell at me. I may even drive around by Death Valley just so I don't have to drive near Flint Ridge Road.

Jim

6 comments:

Peter said...

I wonder if the 2nd gens remember being able to drive up to a "gas station" and get a free map of what ever state you happened to be in? Believe it or not, it was really that way.

Lili said...

I do remember those day's, does not seem like the day's of youth. Also the price of items, makes you think how it was and what we could do, not the problems of these day's, and the folks thought it was such bad times, .... going into the store and buying a candy bar for 10 cents.............

Peter said...

Yeah, a giant Baby Ruth, that you almost couldn't eat it all, for just 10 cents! THOSE were the days. Dogoneit, now you went and made me want to get one. I'm not sure they even make them that big anymore.

Lili said...

Yes, so big, we had to share,!!!! also what we could buy for 2 cents!!!!

Teresa Garcia said...

McCloud used to have penny candy for a penny when I came here for a field trip. I wasn't very old at all...

And for the maps, what are they now? Five bucks?

lueria said...

lol, your too funny uncle Jim